out with the scooter 11.11.12

brian brown

We took the dogs for another run/walk today.

I managed to get my phone mount fitted to the scooter.

First couple of runs were Mishka & Tango (who wouldn't run on the grass?!):confused::lolman:

Then Deiffen decided he was going to have a go after barking at the others. Not bad for an 11 yr old Border Collie ;)

Then Jakey (Tibetan Terrier) & Titch (Westie) wanted a go. They didn't have their harnesses & are far too small to pull anything so I decided they could have a 'go' & let them run in front whilst I scooted along. They all loved it :)

Edited to add: anyone that's been to Ty Mawr Husky Camp might recognise these were taken in Pensarn, on the road/path that leads down to the caravans at the far end of the promenade (opposite end from the cafe)

Edited by brian brown!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the videos and especially the little ones have a go at it and just seemed to love it. Have you taught them gee and haw for right and left?

No, just left and right as I never intend entering any competitions etc, it's only for fun & exercise.

Mishka, Tango (& Deiffen) know: left, right, walk-on, get-on, whoa (to slow), hike (to run), come round (to get them to turn about-face) & SLOW which comes in very handy when it's wet on steep hills! :lolman:

Great vids,once they got going they were unstoppable!!:D

Tango is a demon but he hasn't learnt to go at a reasonable pace yet. Ge just goes like a bullet from the off & burns himself out too quickly.

That's ok when it's just for exercise but I'd lie to be able to run then a little longer distance. After a mile he's knackered, ok after 15min water break but I'm working on getting him to go at a slower more rhythmic pace

Tango is a demon but he hasn't learnt to go at a reasonable pace yet. Ge just goes like a bullet from the off & burns himself out too quickly.

That's ok when it's just for exercise but I'd lie to be able to run then a little longer distance. After a mile he's knackered, ok after 15min water break but I'm working on getting him to go at a slower more rhythmic pace

Well,looks like fun and great exercise too,and isn't it so worth it ,when they are all out for the count afterwards. !!:rolleyes:That's what it's all about!!:)

Well,looks like fun and great exercise too,and isn't it so worth it ,when they are all out for the count afterwards. !!:rolleyes:That's what it's all about!!:)

Indeed it is :D

I ran them yesterday, early (for a Saturday), about 8am, then gave them a walk a bit later & run them today.

They've crashed out, woken up & had tea & are now lazing about again :)

A tired dog is a happy dog ;) & I think mine are happy :D

Indeed it is :D

I ran them yesterday, early (for a Saturday), about 8am, then gave them a walk a bit later & run them today.

They've crashed out, woken up & had tea & are now lazing about again :)

A tired dog is a happy dog ;) & I think mine are happy :D

Couldn't agree more,and hope mine are too!!:)

Could be Stacey, makes sense, although.... it could just have been Tango 'off on one' :P.

They were on the other side of that wall yesterday, the beach side.

There's a 'path' of sorts in the grass but they were quite happy to go where directed, as they normally do.

Perhaps it's because they often run on the promenade, maybe used to running on the tarmac/pavement? (although they do run on other surfaces obviously :))