Playing Together

LittleLuka

I've run into a little problem. Besides the fact that Luka is a jealous attention seeking psycho, he is my baby and i need him to work out with knox.

he hasn't been aggressive, just REALLY hyper and literally leaps over the puppies and scares them to death. He tried to paw Knox the other night but he's so huge knox about got knocked across the room.

I'm sure I'm being paranoid but the puppies are so tiny I don't want them to get hurt. How do i let Luka play with Knox? When is it too rough? :/

Also, I have no idea how to let Knox start sleeping in the bed because i'm afraid Luka will eat him while i'm asleep. lol Only joking, but seriously.

Have Luka on a leash? Honestly I don't know, 2-3 months ago I brought home a puppy that was wandering outside for about 3 hours. Couldn't be older than 4 months as it still had puppy teeth. Ghost went through him a couple of times but the pup didn't mind at all so I just left them to play. Considering from your photo the pups are around 2 month (right? :D) I'd say leash Luka and when he's too rough pull?

Have Luka on a leash? Honestly I don't know, 2-3 months ago I brought home a puppy that was wandering outside for about 3 hours. Couldn't be older than 4 months as it still had puppy teeth. Ghost went through him a couple of times but the pup didn't mind at all so I just left them to play. Considering from your photo the pups are around 2 month (right? :D) I'd say leash Luka and when he's too rough pull?

yeah the vet guesses between 8-10 weeks but they're smaller in person than in the pictures. the biggest one (knox) weighs 4lbs which is TINY. Luka was bigger than that at 8 weeks.

Yeah i could try that. the puppies like him but he scares him and runs all over them haha

Supervised play I think too. They need to spend time getting to know each other but will likely need separating at times. The lead is a good idea too. Won't be long before He's giving As good as he gets! Bull terriers are just as rough at play as huskys are!

yeah the vet guesses between 8-10 weeks but they're smaller in person than in the pictures. the biggest one (knox) weighs 4lbs which is TINY. Luka was bigger than that at 8 weeks.

Yeah i could try that. the puppies like him but he scares him and runs all over them haha

Ghost would run over an 8 week old beagle! Poor pup screaming :D And another 8-9 week GSD, also screaming but hey it's their way of playing, or that's what I told them. The beagle ended up standing on top of Ghost tho.

Watch out for the puppies chewing the leash. :D

Well I have two puppies still and luka isn't even a year so he's still all puppy. He literally is like charging them.

If they were a little bigger I would be more comfortable. They're sleeping in a crate right now next to our bed while Luka sleeps on the bed.

I was not ready for this lol but I couldn't leave them so I've got to make the best of it. Haha

I don't actually run my pup with my older dogs at all, and she's an older pup. With a baby I definitely wouldn't take the risk, keep the separated unless strictly supervised for brief periods :)

Yeah and I have 2 babies right now. Unless we find the little girl a home sometime soon shes sticking around for now. Ill just continue to keep them separated. Any suggestions of when they are able to play together? Ill go ahead and say they will never be left unsupervised even when they're grown. They're just so delicate right now exp. because they're underweight.

[ATTACH]64036[/ATTACH]

Luka being nosy

post-7406-13586081533085_thumb.jpg

Similar with Panda and my yorkie Mason. Panda would run Mason over pretty much, every time my mom saw it she was horrified. They were always separated through a baby gate one in living room other in kitchen. Or you could possibly try something like a playpen. They got supervised play for about 10 mins each time, when i felt it was getting too much for Mason id stop the play as well as correcting panda, like putting mason's head in his mouth etc.

Panda eventually figured it out and does not run Mason over. He just lays down while mason runs all over his head etc lol. i would still never leave them alone together.

Knox should be a big boy in no time give it a few months, supervise the play when you allow them to and you should be fine.

I had the same issue when u brought Yukon home. He was 7 1/2 weeks old and about 15 lbs. Nikko seemed to play rough but I just kept an eye on them to make sure he didn't hurt him

See Knox is only 4 lbs and midnight is only like 3lbs. The vet thinks their 8-10 weeks old so I think they will catch up siZe wise. They will both be big dogs. Like I said I don't plan on keeping midnight but if time keeps passing I won't have a choice. I'm already attached lol. I'm going ahead and taking her to get shots this weekend.

If these truly are pit bull / pit bull terriers...I looked them up on the net and they seem like they're pure muscle! Be careful when Knox gets older, he might end up being a very powerful boy!! (There's no way I could handle that much dog!)

If these truly are pit bull / pit bull terriers...I looked them up on the net and they seem like they're pure muscle! Be careful when Knox gets older, he might end up being a very powerful boy!! (There's no way I could handle that much dog!)

They're pitty. Pits are extremely over bred here which hasn't done any good for their breed. He's already a bully knocking down his sister. Lol

They get a horrible rap here because of a few dogs people think the entire breed is aggressive. Some of the sweetest dogs I know are pits

Edited by LittleLuka
i can't spell

When I introduce Ryn to smaller dogs (of any breed) I do it in one of three ways, depending upon where we're at and the personality of the other animal. First is to have her on a walking belt, which gives me more control (and God forbid, if she should make a 'bad decision - she is no more than 6 foot away from me and I can quickly gain control). The second is to have one of the two animals in a crate, while allowing Ryn to smell through the crate. The third is to place the smaller animal in my lap while letting Ryn know that this animal is MINE. She understands that and that alone is often enough deterence.

i tried walking him on his leash around them yesterday. he just started bucking around frantically like a cow trying to get loose. :groan:

he leaves them alone if they're in a crate. he'll go over there and smell them and then he's bored with it.

now if they're out of a the crate he goes NUTS. he starts leaping over them like a dang gazelle. and pushing his big snout all in their business knocking them over. they run and hide under the couch and are terrified to do anything until he is removed. lol he really doesn't mean any harm, he doesn't growl or anything at them, literally just runs around like a maniac smelling them. The poor things are so tiny, bless their hearts they think this giant is terrifying.

i have tried holding knox and letting luka know he is MINE. instead of leaving it alone, he just wants to smell him for like 30 minutes. then he purposely spreads himself over me to remind everyone that i'm his. haha.

he also peed in the floor this morning. i know it may sound silly but i really do think he did it on purpose. he's acting like a spoiled brat right now and i only have myself to blame for creating the little monster. ;) me treating him like he's the only dog in the world is the cause for this behavior. i'm making sure i still spend TONS of time with him though because i don't want him to be upset.

on the bright side, i think my best friend's mom make take midnight. which would help because i would only have 1 little puppy running around and it's be easier to contain Luka.

Try tiring Luka somewhere outside, running for good 20-30 mins full time. Then he'll still be hyper with the pups but will tire much more quickly. Ghost's plays with pups always end up with him being very tired, that the pups literally jump all over him. :D

At 4 months, Ghost would regularly get ran over, be humped, etc...

Now this solved your "second dog" problem :D Too bad they weren't Canaan (for me lol).