When is it acceptable?

Devildust76

Nooooo!!!!!!!! Keep Christmas in December!!!!!! :angry2:

My birthday is in the first week of December & growing up, the 2 occasions were always linked together and I hated it. I wanted 2 celebrations like most other people so now I am in control, I wait until around the 2nd weekend in Dec before getting the deccies out :P

Mines also the 1st week. My mothers tradition growing up was to put one of the tree at the house up on my B-day

:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah! Try having a birthday ON Christmas! Most of the time people forget its my birthday because they're so busy with Christmas. I didn't even get a cake or a card last year. :(

My dads is on Christmas too he always get cheated lol mines the 3rd but I actually like Christmas more so I don't care

My dads is on Christmas too he always get cheated lol mines the 3rd but I actually like Christmas more so I don't care

Well, it hurts when people completely ignore or forget your birthday and do Christmasy stuff instead...just because Christmas more fun and enjoyable for them cause they get stuff. (Greedy people!!)

I know they have every right to celebrate Christmas like everyone else, but crap, it's my birthday and I'd like atleast a card or a damn cake or something! They don't even have to make the cake, just buy something from the store! I don't care, I just want acknowledgement! :(

We used to celebrate my birthday a week or so before Christmas so I would feel 'special' on my birthday, but ever since my Nonna and Nonna died (Italian grandmother and grandfather) a few years ago, we haven't gotten together and done it. My Nonna was the "glue" of the family and she brought everyone together.

I'm currently working in retail, and we've had Christmas decorations up since the middle of September, getting ready for "Toyland" to open in the middle of October! It's a big event in my company - our prices and selection are pretty good, so we get a lot of business that way. I have to say I'm glad they haven't put the Christmas music on yet, much as I do enjoy it... I'm working enough overtime (thank God!) that I'll probably not put up much for decor at home... Too tired, not home enough, and get plenty of it at work! :eek:

Usually 1-1.5 weeks before Christmas for us. We will never, ever get a fake tree. It has to be real, you have to be able to smell it :D And we don't want it to have fallen out by the time Christmas is here.

As I said earlier, we don't celebrate Christmas as much here. So instead we have all the time to celebrate my dad's birthday on the 25th! Funny enough, we have friends that don't like being forced to visit family all day so they use the excuse "Sorry, I have a birthday party to go to!" to visit us. Of all the birthdays, his birthday attracts the most people because it's much more fun here! :D