Hostess

LittleLuka

The Walmart in Muscatine, Iowa, has filled the Hostess shelf space with Little Debbies products.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Bimbo, (( god I love that name!! )) is a Mexican company that already owns parts or all of several US Bakery companies; they made an offer a couple of years ago for the Hostess snack line and got turned down - looks like they're going to be able to buy it for about 25% of what they offered back then!

Wikipedia has a good article on Grupo Bimbo and International Science Times has a good write up. Since we in the southwest are already familiar with Bimbo products, having them take an interest in the Hostess line is really appealing (pun intended!) They've had a reputation for good quality at a reasonable price.

Oh, just for the note, it's correctly pronounced "beem-bo" (( but only by those who are real pedants - most of us here just pronounce it the way most American would ..... :)