When will he stop growing?

Niber

Woah. Have been told average size for a male is 27. Think he'll be there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they grow slower after this sort of age, else he'll overtake me soon

My boy is 35 kg, and he stopped growing a LONG time ago (he's 7 years old). Although, to be fair, he might be part Mal so maybe that's where his size comes from.

And I think they have 'growth spurts', kind of like kids do during puberty?

My boy is 35 kg, and he stopped growing a LONG time ago (he's 7 years old). Although, to be fair, he might be part Mal so maybe that's where his size comes from.

And I think they have 'growth spurts', kind of like kids do during puberty?

The average weight is approximately 27 1/2 kg for a male which is about 60 pounds and that's usually around the maximum they should grow- from what I've read, researched and heard lol. So I'm assuming Elyse that Suka's weight is because of the mal in him. :)

They grow until they're about 7 months then then really slow down they carry on growing but it's not as obvious

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I agree :) Nanuk grew constantly until about 7mo and then gradually until becoming an adult. He's 6yrs now and 53lbs with lots of compliments XD

All my research returns the same thing, they stop growing at around 2yrs of age.

By growing, do you mean in height or in general?

If you mean height, the simplest way to see if he's done growing is to look at their knees. If there is a bump at the knee, (a growth plate) it indicates there remains some growth to be done. My girl completed her height growth at a little over one year. Then she began to concentrate on filling out. (Which, I might add, she's filled out and then some! Very spoiled!)

/

By growing, do you mean in height or in general?

way to see if he's done growing is to look at their knees. If there is a bump at the knee, (a growth plate) it indicates there remains some growth to be done. My girl completed her height growth at a little over one year. Then she began to concentrate on filling out. (Which, I might add, she's filled out and then some! Very spoiled!)

Wow, had never heard of the knee thing. Think he's out for the night now, but I'll check next time he's up. I meant mainly in height, as he doesn't seem to be slowing down, but also height as he is very jumpy. He stopped jumping at my kids very quickly as I was very firm and he only jumps on me now if he's invited, then 'off' when he's told but when we're out and about you can just see how desperate he is to jump so I have to hold him very close to the collar. 9/10 times he is fine, but if he's really being fussed he can't help it. Jumped on an old lady last week, an x breeder of a Norwegian (I think) snow dog similar to siberians and she was so pleased to see him, he couldn't contain himself, jumped and nearly took the old girl out!

/

Wow, had never heard of the knee thing. Think he's out for the night now, but I'll check next time he's up. I meant mainly in height, as he doesn't seem to be slowing down, but also height as he is very jumpy. He stopped jumping at my kids very quickly as I was very firm and he only jumps on me now if he's invited, then 'off' when he's told but when we're out and about you can just see how desperate he is to jump so I have to hold him very close to the collar. 9/10 times he is fine, but if he's really being fussed he can't help it. Jumped on an old lady last week, an x breeder of a Norwegian (I think) snow dog similar to siberians and she was so pleased to see him, he couldn't contain himself, jumped and nearly took the old girl out!

I'm at work, so can't upload any pics that might show you more of what I mean....will try to add some tonight for you. Obviously, there will always be a bump of sorts at the knee, but it's the best indicator of growth that I've learned of.

Jumping can be difficult to stop, but I found that by lifting my knee into the pups chest (not so hard as to cause pain, just a simple blocking motion) helped tremendously. Another thing you can do is to turn around and ignore him. Sometimes this works, other times it simply 'turns on' their motivation to garner attention.

Ryn also learned very quickly that the sound "aaack" meant to stop what she was doing immediately. Today I have a very well rounded husky who goes to work with me at least once a week where she meets everyone from the elderly to babies as they come in the office. She can read whom she can approach and stays well behind the counter when she reads the individuals who do not care for her to come near. She turned two in July and has been coming to work with me since the age of 8 weeks. I'm a newspaper editor and she often goes with me to cover events like town celebrations and the like. She sits and watches parades, visits care centers and day cares and is one of the most popular dogs in town! LOL