Just joined, from Nashville, TN

Jaxsmom

Glad to have found the group online! My name is Tammy, I live right outside Nashville, Tn. I have adopted my first husky and am in love with him!

Recently lost my chow/Shepard mix, Maggie. She was 16 yrs old this month and simply died of old age. We had been looking for a new family member for quite sometimes and I have done a lot of research on the husky breed. After meeting Jackson, I was sure he was a fit. We waited for 3 weeks and went back several times to visit with him before making up my mind. I brought him home on Halloween night and we've been insuperable since! His owners were getting a divorce and moving into small apartments and couldn't keep him. He had been in a small pen outside for the last 4 months and he was not happy. He is only two years old and at one time seems to have had good training. He is very skittish, and unsure of new environments, but has adapted wonderfully. He is doing great inside my home and loves our daily walks. He has taken to me and never leaves my side. He sings to me each morning and sleeps at the foot of my bed. I have quickly established the alpha role with him and have no trouble with training. I look forward to learning from you experienced husky owners and can't wait as my future with Jackson, aka, JAX evolves!

post-8910-13586082201743_thumb.jpg

.......He has taken to me and never leaves my side. He sings to me each morning and sleeps at the foot of my bed....

I have seen this behavior with rescue dogs before and in my opinion he knows very well what you have done for him and he loves you all the more for it! My Ahna is the very same way and will look for me if I manage to escape her careful eye, even to the point that we occasionally make a game of it.

Congratulations on your new companion and welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

How lucky Jackson must feel right now, to find a home where he can be part of the family, instead of apart from the family. Welcome to Husky-Owners. We've got members from all over the World, some with lots of experience and some that are new to the breed. We are all here to help, so if you have any questions or issues along the way, don't hesitate to post up. And, we will always welcome pictures and stories about Jackson.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Jackson's story reminds me a lot of my boy Kuma's. Kuma's owners had moved to a place that wouldn't allow them to keep pets and so Kuma and another dog were being kept penned outside until they could find proper homes for them. We got Kuma when he was around 6 months old, he had been in a house before and was partially potty trained. He too was very skittish and timid at first (still is with strangers) but has really come out of his shell sense we've had him. He is now an awkward, silly part of the family and almost a different dog. Look forward to seeing more photos and hearing stories. Make yourself at home here on the forum :D