Pups age

Tilly

ahhhhhhhhhh

so angry, we have had our pup for almost three weeks now. When we got her she was 12 weeks. She was big and we thought she would b huge when fully grown.

Finally found out her date of birth to find out she was 16 weeks when we got her so ow she is 18 1/2weeks and not 14 1/2 weeks. It explains her size. A little angry as she was our first sib and we wanted it young to help with training as I heard they get set in heir ways.

:arghh:

Can't really see a months difference being too much trouble for you, we got ice at 4 months old and he really wasn't any different to Bear who was around 12 weeks. The biggest problem to me is the fact you were lied to. Not sure that you can take anything they have said to you at face value and to me that's the biggest issue.

I thought buying a pedigree with papers would have been better, my fault too I didn't work out how old she was myself I just took what they said. Also since having her she has had the trots. Even though it was same food they were giving her. We have given rice and fish/chicken and reintroduced her food but no better so went back to the rice and started a gentler pup food. Starting to worry as its been 3weeks of diarrhoea and its not nice for her or us.

I checked the paperwork to make sure she was a pedigree and it all checks out.

Thanks for the reassurance on training xxxxxx

I thought buying a pedigree with papers would have been better, my fault too I didn't work out how old she was myself I just took what they said. Also since having her she has had the trots. Even though it was same food they were giving her. We have given rice and fish/chicken and reintroduced her food but no better so went back to the rice and started a gentler pup food. Starting to worry as its been 3weeks of diarrhoea and its not nice for her or us.

I checked the paperwork to make sure she was a pedigree and it all checks out.

Thanks for the reassurance on training xxxxxx

How much are u feeding? Over feeding can cause the runs , maybe try cutting down the meal sizes

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Hi we feed her according to weight and food bag. Unfortunately she is being sick for two days and now refusing food. So trip to vets it is today :-(

hope she get better soon,

Dont go by what it says on the bags, we followed one and endded up with 2 under weight boys, then followed another and had nothing but the runs, eventually we started from scratch feeding them 2 cup fulls for a day or two, if still the runs we gave a cup and half, once it was solid we stuck with it at that.

now we give them a jug each (3 years old) and they have no problems.

each dog varies, some do well with what the bag says and some dont.

the bag doesnt take into consideration the activity of the dog and the breed, its just generic...

go with your gut, if shes got the runs cute her food in half and start from there, if she was brought up on it then she shouldnt get the runs from it

Hope this helps xx

thats assuming everything is ok with her. if she doesnt get the runs with the rice then it could be quantity, as apposed to what she is eating.

Tilly, you're angry with the breeder and I don't blame you; you've got a pup who's providing you with plenty of "fertilizer" and that can be frustrating. You've gotten plenty of good advice about the quantity of food Sib need - which is basically they need what "they" need and no two of them are going to be the same, you just have to work it out ...

My one word of advice is to chill a little, you have reason to be upset and frustrated but the pup is going to pick up on your mood and that's not going to help her or you either, in fact may be stressing the loose stool a bit.

Thanks every one. The advert for sibe said 12 weeks. We got kc registration through as parents are pedigrees and all pups were registered. Their date of birth was on the paper work. I don't know whether we miss communicated! I don't hold a grudge and paperwork is authentic.

I have to admit I'm a little stressed more than angry now. I'm use to looking after people. When it comes to my animals I'm a paranoid mummy.

well beau went to the vets today, they gave her an anti sickness jab, I have to give her tummy settler which also hardens their poop. We have been advices on certain food till she is back on track.

Also I have to get a poop sample. There is plenty of that. The vet said that beau has put weight on but not as much as they would expect, but the fact she is alert and active they are not too concerned.

thank you for the advice on food. Ill take into account.

I have got to say everyone on this sight are so helpful .

post-8860-13586082454374_thumb.jpg

Tilly, I'm not criticizing your vet - I don't know them - but you'll find that unless they really know Husky's they're going to be wanting them to weigh more than they do. Husky's are running dogs and are typically svelte, sleek, skinny ... call it what you want. Most vets who are not Husky aware want the dog to weigh more. They'll also normally advise feeding more than a Husky can handle, and the end result, of course, is a loose stool.

My two, btw both weight in at about 55 pounds - the vet where I left them while I was getting my cataract surgery thought they both weighed more - she thought they would be in the 65-70 pound range.