Snowboarding

Stormy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, I have a 5 yr old husky and me and my oh are just waiting on getting 2 elk hound pups. Our sibe does sledding with a couple down te road they have about 50 sibes and they run them all in grops of 8. How many dogs do you have

Sounds great! I have a two year old Siberian husky and a almost 8 month old Sibe cross German shepherd :)

Went on Friday for a fast track learn to snow board in a day. It was half price so they had 8 people in the group and normally it's only 2 or 3 so unfortunately the instructor couldn't get us all good enough to pass level 4 in a day. So have to go back and do that. Level four is the last stage before you are aloud to go on the slope on your own. We only go to half way up the slope so next step is all the way up but was great fun if not a little scary! But I started to get the hang of it I fell over quite a bit but was getting good towards the end balance was good I just felt like I was going faster than I actually was at times lol. Only one person on our group made it to complete level 4 but she comes from a family of snow boarders... One guy stopped earlier than us and didn't get onto half way.

The lift to take you up scares me more than the actual snow boarding though fell over twice trying to get on this thing!! And it kills your arm hanging onto it!

Next day could not move much lol!! And today is pretty much the same!

The lifts are always fun no matter what kind your on or how long you've been boarding it lol. I thought after all these years I was finally safe now but last year it became apparent that its cool in some circles to just not bother putting the bar down on chair lifts, I wasn't too keen on being sat about a foot forward (wearing a backpack) on a windy day ~20ft up on a bench with nothing in front of me....

The lifts are always fun no matter what kind your on or how long you've been boarding it lol. I thought after all these years I was finally safe now but last year it became apparent that its cool in some circles to just not bother putting the bar down on chair lifts, I wasn't too keen on being sat about a foot forward (wearing a backpack) on a windy day ~20ft up on a bench with nothing in front of me....

:eek:

Yeah these ones are more designed really for the ski people as they just pretty much sit on it where as us snow boarders have to hook it round our left or right leg depends which foot you have forward.... trouble is is you don't do that just right you just get pulled instead onto the floor LOL

I am STILL aching today though i can actually move around alot more now :D though i did go for a long walk with the dogs yesterday which may not have helped but then they do say to keep muscles active!