Jsa

Stormy

Today is a sad day i had to sign on :( anyways i have tried for months to not do this but unfortunately you cannot live on no money!

So today i had my appointment at the Job centre at 9... had to get up at quarter to 7 to drive Rob to work then drive back lol.... i was around 10 minutes early so waited for the doors to be unlocked... there was a load of people already there standing waiting at the door... now i am not a judging kind of person but they all looked really rough and a couple of women were complaining about the people inside saying "look at them all... they're all doing nothing! All think they're better than us!) I think out of quite a few people only one of them looked normal.

Anyway got in and had to check my form i had done and sign it then wait to be called... got called over the women who helped me and sorted everything was really really nice and then i had another guy help me with registering to the new online system they have and he was really nice also..... I had heard horror stories about them that they are all horrible etc but i think perhaps they realised how much i do really want to work!

Anyways so i have to go there every 2 weeks to "sign on" and i have another appointment to discuss how im doing with the job hunting etc... i have to do so many tasks per week which i have to record and take in every time i "sign on" to prove im looking for work.. which isn't hard as its what i've been doing all the time anyway except i actually do ten times more than what they expect you to do.

So yeah i think i get around £56 pounds per week but it covers my bills and i wont have to feel overly stressed about money like i was and hopefully get a job asap, i am literally willing to do anything but they take down three things you are wanting to do more than others and you have to job search and apply for the top three you want to do.

So yeah moral of that story was just that they were so helpful and so nice :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, i know how you feel, i filled in the online form yesterday and am waiting for an interview, i so wanted to be working by now and not have to sign on but desperate times call for desperate measures i guess :( And woah, thats pretty far to have to travel! Just hope u get some work close to home soon :) Good Luck!

90 miles! thats a hefty commute!

wouldnt be worth working!

I know its ridiculous!

I know a lot of people who travel 112+ km (70+ miles) every day to get to work and back. Sometimes, its the only option you have.

Of course, 90 miles in the UK is probably a lot different than 90 miles in Canada...seeing the huge size difference in between countries.

In any case, good luck with your job hunt! I'm trying to find a job too, but I can't only find volunteer positions instead. Oh well, better than nothing I suppose...

I was driving 115 miles each way to work in London as little work up here. Took me up to 4.5 hours in pm due to M25, London's car park. I've not worked for 5 weeks now, however being self employed I'm not allowed to sign on. To sign on I have to close my business and seek work, but I can't do that because I know I have some huge jobs coming up. Pay my taxes like everyone else, but no help when I'm out of work. Unlike the morons on my old road who done sweet f a all day every day and when the council paid for them all to have new kitchens they complained about noise and nuisance.

Anyways, rant over... good luck

Assuming the speed limits are 100km/hr and its all highway driving, 90 minutes will take you 150km (93 miles)... so that's actually farther than before. :P

I wonder if that 90 minutes includes traffic... probably not! LOL

Haha. 100kph during rush hour. Good luck with THAT!! :P

Anyway so far i have applied to 5 apprenticeships in Business Administration, a part time job at a sainsburys convenience store in my village, a receptionist job at the premier inn in my village, handing my CV into the pub thats next to that premier inn i rang them and they dont have anything at the moment but said to hand it in anyway. Applied for a few more receptionist jobs couple in hotels. I am still waiting to hear back from pets at home in Wakefield (id love that job lol). I got in contact with a few kennels again but none have anything available at the moment :( I applied for a receptionist job at the PDSA also. I have also applied to Tescos, M & S and Asda.

No one can say i dont look for work!

You can have my job if you want? You have to be willing to travel to India, and be put under stupid amounts of pressure and report to your senior managers all the tasks you have done at the end of every day... Lol

Nah i know how you feel, I've been a there and hated it, most people in there are just willing to live off tax payers money, I had to do all the recording what ya doing ect, but if you want to work, which you obv do then you will find something soon :D

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

You can have my job if you want? You have to be willing to travel to India, and be put under stupid amounts of pressure and report to your senior managers all the tasks you have done at the end of every day... Lol

Nah i know how you feel, I've been a there and hated it, most people in there are just willing to live off tax payers money, I had to do all the recording what ya doing ect, but if you want to work, which you obv do then you will find something soon :D

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Cheers Sparks :D