Jsa

Stormy

I was unemployed for 6 months & hated signing on, being a 'doley' & put in the same category as the chavs & scroungers who don't want to work & just want their money.

It was a humiliating& depressing experience (although the staff were helpful & nice), not something I'd like to have to go through again!:(

Good luck with the job hunting Storm :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't never understood the uk with this what you call signing on I hav familiey in uk, and here when you have no job but you was working before you get paid the same amour for so many months an if you still have no job in so many months afther you have it but by 80% but theiy help you to get a job.

Charlie-p over here, even if you're lazy & don't want to work & have NEVER worked in your life, you can get JSA & other benefits.

Often these benefits far exceed many working people's weekly wage!

Unfortunately, it's become a 'benefit culture' with certain people believing the state owes them a living.

Personally, I believe if you've worked & paid into the system, then you should be entitled to help, otherwise, nope!

There is also the problem, that I'd assume (could be wrong?) there are more people in the UK than in Norway as well & less jobs here.

I get 56 pounds per week (havnt got any yet but thats what they have said) which is not alot but covers all my bills etc and i've struggle for months trying not to have help but i have worked all my life since i left school so i dont feel to guilty about it.

On another note i have a phone interview tomorrow with a local sainsburys... not what i want to do but its money :) and i can still apply for what i want to do if i get the job anyway :D

Sorry Storm, that was just a general comment, not aimed at you.

I ended up on the dole for 6 months, worked all my life & was struggling just to live. Don't know how the 'spongers' manage foreign holidays, 2 cars on the drive etc.

Well, I do, they work cash in hand & still sign-on but that's for another thread lol

Good luck Storm :)