My new buddy Ecko!

Scooke

Hello!

My name is Scott im a new member of the forum and yesterday i was just approved to adopt a 10 month old Husky/sheperd mix im trying to figure everthing out on how to work this forum and upload photo ect.. im hoping to use the forum as a tool to give my newest pride and joy the best life possible! :) Anyways a little more about me Im 21 live in Wisconsin and as of today 11.21.12 I am 1 month clean and sober. I decided to get a dog because I have grown up around dogs my whole life and since getting sober I had to make some dramatic changes to my life and now all i do is work and come home to an empty house I needed some companionship and a friend I can learn from and grow with.. (kind of corny i know) but its the truth! I decided to go with a husky they have always been so beautiful to me and i love that they are talkative! :) I am very active and athletic and run daily and go on weekley hikes so I was looking for a breed that could keep up and enjoy the outdoors and exersise as much as I do.. now I have done my homework and know i have my work cut out for me with this boy but ive decided i am ready to make that life long commitment! Like i said he is a 10 month Husky/Shepard mix His name is Ecko and we met yesterday for the first time it was love at first site he will be coming home on saturday! here is a picture of him i hope that even tho he is mixed that i can still get good use from this forum I only have one picture now but will have tons soon enuf here he is i would like some feed back on what breed seems to be more physically dominant and what you can tell from his picture. thanks! meet Ecko!

post-8928-13586082704937_thumb.jpg

Hi Scott :welcome: to the pack. There is no breed discrimination on the forum and we love all types of fur-kids :) A big well done for adopting Ecko he looks like a lovely dog. I was raised with German Shepherds and they are fab dogs. Huskies are great dogs too so you will hopefully have the best of both breeds in one. You're right that they are talkative, our Kodiak 'speaks' to us all of the time especially when we get home from work. He's a Malamute so it's kind of like having your very own Chewbacca grumbling and woofing at you :rofl:

There are loads of experienced owners on here and people are more than happy to answer your questions. Check out some of the older threads about training and behaviour to give yourself some ammo for when Ecko comes home. Bet you can't wait for the weekend now? Good luck and keep us updated. And congrats on your 1 month :yahoo:

Saturday couldnt come soon enough! I actually went and visted him again today and will be doing so tomorrow and friday :) I will be sure to check out other threads and i will have video and photos for everyone to see as he makes his transition home and as he grows up!

Hey man. I'm Brandon. I'm 27 and I'm a recovering alcoholic. I'm closing in on six months sober.

Anyway, my older sibe, Troy, has been a load of help. Having a bond with him has helped immensely.

About a month ago I got really pissed (long story) and I was ready to go get some beer. Troy came into the kitchen where I was and laid on the floor, waiting for me to calm down. Most dogs would have probably ran the other way. I sat down and he just climbed into my lap and laid with me for a while as I cried. Without him, I think I'd have drank that day, as well as several other days.

I also have a gsd (black one in my avatar) and she's wonderful too. Good luck with the dog and sobriety.

Edited by ponder85