Design and build anyone?

Marc

OK we have any clever people on here who can design and built things? I ask for this reason.

Sarah has a laptop in which she currently uses on a desk in the living room. I get complaints all the time that she cannot find something she can use that is low enough for her whilst sat on the chair, along with space for her ashtray, drink, mouse, nail stuff (yeah you read that correctly) and any other sh........... rubbish she decides to put on it. Now I have had a look all over the place for something that would be suitable and cannot find anything.

Basic requirements (which no doubt [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] will add to)

1. It has to be height adjustable so she can get it to perfect height for her
  2. it has to be able to stand on the floor, but the table element move toward her enough to use the laptop in comfort
  3. It has to be extremely stable (funny enough we have mental huskies LOL)

Lets see what geniouses we have on here :D

So...are you talking about building a desk or something?

Have you tried looking online? I just bought an awesome laptop cooler (that tilts as well, so its better for my wrists) that I could never have found locally.

As for the extra stuff...try to find shelves you can put on the wall so she can put her stuff there. I have a taborette (spelling?), which is a thing that sits on the floor and it has drawers...I put things like my pencils, paper, etc.

Or, perhaps, get a chair that is height adjustable? That way, you can keep the desk...

I'm unfortunately not handy with tools, but my brother is. He's built all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately he's busy with work, school, and a new girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Have you tried asking around at handyman/hardware stores? Maybe they know somebody who does this sort of thing as a hobby/side job. My late Nonno used to build things like wooden birdhouses and concrete wells, he'd sometimes sell the ones he made for a little extra cash.