Hello from Liverpool

BelleBot

Hey there. My name is Belle and I'm from Liverpool, near Sefton Park.

I'm debating getting a Siberian Husky in the near future, perhaps the new year depending on how things work out. My partner and I both adore Huskies, along with German Shepherds and at the moment we're leaning towards to getting a Husky more. Eventually we want 2 dogs but we'll probably start off with one as we have 3 cats and don't want to overwhelm them too much. I've always been brought up with dogs and I desperately miss the dog walking aspect so I'm after a dog that likes lots of walks.

So I'm doing as much research as I can about the breed and hopefully soon I can start looking for either a puppy or perhaps an older dog that's used to cats.

So hi, this looks like a great place :)

Edited by BelleBot

Why dont you join us at Croxteth park for a walk and get to know our Huskies. You will see all the different types and personalities, You could see us on Sunday as we walk most Saturdays and Sundays - plus there is a craft fair Christmas thingy on at the hall this weekend.

I'd love you to consider taking a rescue dog, as there are thousands in this country just waiting for someone to give them a chance of a forever home.

Hello there and welcome, you have come to the right place for all things husky :D Glad to hear you're doing your research before getting one. There's tons of information, tips, tricks, stories, personal experiences and more here in the threads. Make your self right at home and feel free to post new threads and ask questions.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Jim_tinmois going for a walk in Croxteth park sounds like a great idea. What time do you guys usually go? Hopefully I'll be able to make it on Sunday, if not I'll be sure to come along some other weekend, it'd be great to meet some huskies and their owners, give us a better idea of what we're letting ourselves in for.

Thanks again for the welcome :)

Hey, fairly new to huskies and this forum too. Awesome breed and awesome forum. From what I have read you're right - either a pup or one that has been raised with cats. Rescue sounds good if you can find a suitable sibe... I wish I coud rescue. Can't say much more as Niber's my first. Great with my kids and all other kids, but I have no cats - and if he caught one... that'd be one hell of a mess.

I read so much on how important socialization is - elderly, kids, other dogs, other pets. Definately agree.

Good luck

A very big :welcome: to the forum!

Definitely go along to the Husky meet!

We had a really nice couple and baby come along to a meet down south (months ago) who wanted to learn more, and we all made them feel welcome. I handed Molly over to the lady to walk around for a while so that she could get an idea of what 'pulling' meant, and she was very grateful for that.

As Val has suggested, someone will hopefully do the same on the meet that you want to go to. Perhaps ask if someone that is going would act as your mentor for the duration of the walk? ;)

What do you think, @Val?