Sigh ...

Paranormal Wolf

Well as you guys know yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the states and that means time spent with the family for me. Now me and one of my cousins haven't gotten along for several years. We use to be as close as sisters but she has always been a 'female dog' and it has only gotten worse. Wont go into details but we haven't really been on speaking terms for the past 3 years or so. Now the last year or so we will actually kinda talk somewhat, no full blow conversations but small chit chat and well I can be civil and play nice so I'm not going to be a snot lol. Anyways something came up last night that really bugs me. She was talking about her son's pet pig and showed some photos then she showed me a photo of her dog and said I would appreciate it. Well its a nice little brindle pit bull female. Really pretty but a few things bother me about this. First of all this is the same cousin who while staying with her dad who was renting our house got a game bred pit bull that attacked my Boston terrier. Second she mentioned that this dog doesn't like other dogs which means most likely this dog is also from game bred lines considering where she lives and they kind of people she knows. She also said this dog had 7 puppies and killed them all, not attacked but didn't care for them and stepped on them and what have you. She "tried" to bottle feed and care for the puppies but they all died ... Then she also remarked that she has foxes around the house but once she let her baby girl (the pit bull) out they were gone. Needless to say she is not a responsible dog owner and has no business owning a poodle let a lone a pit bull, let alone one I suspect as being game bred ...

She isn't fighting the dog or mistreating it or anything like that. But she also isn't a responsible owner, as mentioned the dog, who looked maybe a year old, has already had one littler and is not nor will be spayed. The dog has dog aggression and she is not the type of person to work with and train a dog at all. I'm worried that the dog will get out or be let out off lead and hurt or kill another dog and then there's another story about a killer pit bull in the media. It just makes me sad and sick that people like her get breeds that already have marred reputations and just further perpetuates them. It also really bothers me that where I live animal control does little to nothing other than pick up strays ...

Feels good to vent and cookies to anyone who finished this.

post-4265-1358608285986_thumb.gif

post-4265-13586082859163_thumb.gif

yep (deep) Sigh covers it quite succinctly.

A very long deep sigh at that

I can imagine your frustration, some people are absolutely clueless :(

Clueless she is, she was brought up in a house where animals were nothing more than a commodity really. She will say she loves said pets but will also rehome them without much hesitation. She mentioned having sixteen dogs at one point :eek: I don't even want to think about what happened to them.

Oh...oh wow. Stupid people...have you tried reasoning with her?

Sadly there is no reasoning with her. She's one of the types that feels she knows best and knows everything and that her poo doesn't stink. I could go on but wont lol. She was also brought up around roster fighting so I'm not even sure she would see anything wrong with dog fighting, not that I think she fights her pit. She use to have a 'champion' rooster she helped raise that she was proud of ... :(