Whistler husky slaughter

jim_tinmois

I saw the judgement earlier today and just had to comment on the news article. It's a disgrace that this is what passes for justice in BC. It sounds like the case was more about his mental state at the time rather than the suffering the dogs endured (which is too graphic to be discussed here). He should have received a minimum of a custodial sentence along with his employers as this would send out a far clearer message to others.

They finally had the trial? Do you have a link?

I was hoping for actual justice instead of just another slap on the wrist. Sometimes I hate our justice system...

I'm sorry I dont have a link. It was on f/b this morning. I should have kept the link, but its all over the net and you should find it easy enough particularly where you are located

He only got a $1000 fine, 200 hours of community service, 10 year firearms prohibition, and was ordered to continue counseling.

I wanna shoot the judge in the face; people in the court room actually cried when Fawcett described how he killed them. The man apparently expressed remorse and said he 'feels guilty every day'.

This is how the judge justified it: “The level of fine in no way is based on the level of pain and suffering,” Judge Steven Merrick said. “Because if I were to do that, the amount of fine that I would impose would be astronomical and would never be paid in your lifetime or your grandchildren’s lifetime.”

He should have at least given the guy a few years in prison, and fined the company (even though they continue to claim they had nothing to do with it. Bullcrap.) to set an example to others that this kind of crap doesn't fly.

Link to news article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/killer-of-sled-dogs-expresses-remorse-as-court-hears-grisly-facts/article5566662/

this is very sad indeed. i would have refused outright and would have taken the story to the news. poor animals some of them really suffered

What? I don't understand...this has been in the news sporadically since it happened a few years ago...