Bought as Breadmaker NOM !!!

Andy

Just bought a Morphy Richards Breadmaker.

Oh, God Nom heaven.

Takes three hours to cook.

But you just put the mix in, add the right amount of water

and forget it for three hours

The finished loaf might be small

But OOOOooohhhhhhhh so nice.

and so many different varieties and flavours.

anyone else have one ????

Lol! we have one but haven't used it for over a year. I find it easier and quicker to make my own. I make bread most days now, and dislike standard supermarket bread. :D

A lot of these bread makers can be found on freecycle now.

Sorry, don't want to come across as though I'm taking the wind out of your sails; bread machines are great; if nothing else, they bridge the gap between you and your confidence...hopefully you'll be doing it by hand once you get bored of a 3 hour wait. ;)

Lol! we have one but haven't used it for over a year. I find it easier and quicker to make my own. I make bread most days now, and dislike standard supermarket bread. :D

A lot of these bread makers can be found on freecycle now.

Sorry, don't want to come across as though I'm taking the wind out of your sails; bread machines are great; if nothing else, they bridge the gap between you and your confidence...hopefully you'll be doing it by hand once you get bored of a 3 hour wait. ;)

LOL yeah, I would love to but right now I don't have the time. :(

So this is a great compromise. :up:

Thanx for the advice though. . . :)

LOL yeah, I would love to but right now I don't have the time. :(

So this is a great compromise. :up:

Thanx for the advice though. . . :)

In case you change your mind in the distant future, here is a simple recipe I use for my bread rolls:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/french-bread-rolls-to-die-for/?scale=16&ismetric=1

They quote 2.5 hrs, but I cut corners and it all comes together in about 2 hrs. :D

That said, we've lost our instructions for our bread maker and I could do with the recipe for rye and onion bread, if you have it. :)

Having been a baker for 30 years if I never bake another loaf in my life I'll be happy :)

Awww Dunc.

You've had the joy of freshly baked bread every day.

Don''t spoil it for us noobies. . . :doglaugh:

In case you change your mind in the distant future, here is a simple recipe I use for my bread rolls:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/french-bread-rolls-to-die-for/?scale=16&ismetric=1

They quote 2.5 hrs, but I cut corners and it all comes together in about 2 hrs. :D

That said, we've lost our instructions for our bread maker and I could do with the recipe for rye and onion bread, if you have it. :)

The instructions are 'filed away somewhere safe'... :D

I want to try this (or something similar) rye bread recipe

I'm the same as Lou - I make all our own bread - Someone gave me a breadmaker a few years ago, but I could never get it to work properly and it seemed such a waste to miss the experience of kneading the dough yourself. Making bread by hand is so incredibly easy and quick, I don't see the point of a machine. Three hours in a machine seems like an awfully long time. My bread never takes more than 2 hours and only about 20 minutes of that (at most) involves actually doing anything.

Mick

has anyone got a recipie for making white bread?

LMAO you've got the internet !!!!!!

google - white bread recipes.

If that's too much effort

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/white_bread