5 a day?

Marc

Just sat here yet again streaming with a cold and thinkin to myself I really should start to eat properly (as ya can probably tell from my last topic). So thinkin Im gonna start eating the recommended 5 a day of fruit and veg.

Anyone else do this?

Nope...but I take 2 multivitamins a day, a vitamin C tablet, as well as a meal-replacement drink every day.

I don't really like fruit though, besides apples and pears. Only certain kinds though, and even then I only buy local..and if they don't have it locally then I don't get it. Cause there's just no excuse for those bigger grocery stores to sell stuff imported from other countries when we can grow them in Canada... especially when its growing season for that kind of stuff. During the winter, though, I don't really have much of a choice...

I like salads too. A salad probably counts as 2 servings of veggies, right?

Nope lol I've tried but it's quite difficult when your fussy with food lol

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I can imagine .. I mean the only fruit you can even have on Pizza really is Pinapple

No Marc, I have to say I don't, although I do eat fairly healthy. One meal a day but cooked from fresh, usually chicken with a variety of veg, pasta, rice, potato or noodle. I'm rarely if ever ill although I have other health issues.

Perhaps you could try zinc and echinacea supplements, they're supposed to help the immune system. Or it could just be you need to get out more and in contact with more bugs to build up a resistance.

Just to add, my son has Crohn's disease. The regime of medications he's on to control it includes immune suppressants. He has regular bloods done to check his cell count because should it drop any further and he catch flu he's at higher risk of death than the average person. He also has a restricted diet because of his disease so five a day isn't something he could do if he wanted to. You'd expect he'd be constantly coming down with something but he's not, on the the flip side my daughters bf who is mega health conscious, exercises, eats only good stuff and rarely drinks is always getting a cold lol we're talking serious man flu here. But then he does work a 60 hr week