Red or Black?

Mazz

Spent the afternoon yesterday, negotiating to purchase a new truck. Negotiations are ongoing.

Which one do you prefer? Red or Black?

[ATTACH]64926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64927[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

post-322-13586082977713_thumb.jpg

post-322-13586082978618_thumb.jpg

Both are non-desirable colours, IMO.

Red has been known to fade when exposed to UV light (ie: the sun). Also red coloured cars, atleast over here, generally have higher insurance rates. (something to do with red being an 'aggressive' colour...?)

And Black and other dark colours are very hard to keep clean. I know this, as I have to wash my dark blue car once a week (by hand or through the automatic wash) otherwise it looks like garbage...like I haven't washed it in a whole year!

Generally silver and tan-coloured cars are the easiest to keep clean (or they don't show as much dirt as darker coloured cars.).

BUT, if you have no other choice of colours...then I'd pick red. There are too many black cars, IMO, and red would make you stand out amongst the crowd...which is good to help prevent stupid people from running into you. It also makes you stand out in the parking lot, which is good if you have a habit of forgetting where you parked.

Yes, like [MENTION=5355]Al Jones[/MENTION] said, the colour red will stand out more when you're on the road because red is more visible than black.

There are a lot of dumb drivers out there that don't pay attention, so they might hit you if you have a black car and its foggy/really rainy or snowy out. But, if you have a red car, you'll stand out better especially in their peripheral vision.

But, ultimately its up to you.

Well, black it is. Trying to locate the truck I want, and get it to the dealer I'm working with.

what is the interior like? husky fur proof? LOL

Interior is a nasty light grey color. I actually don't care for it, but I will probably put a different interior in it come Spring. Should show the dog fur quite nicely. Other option would be to put the dogs in the bed, but not without a topper to keep them safe. Guess that's why they make vacuums.

I wanted red.....guess my vote doesn't count in our house. :P;)

Tell you what. I'll pick up a gallon of red barn paint and we can paint your half red.