Shhh, don't tell anyone yet...

BlueWolf

Ruth's been pondering about this a lot lately. Dana absolutely adores Glala. She's been with her all her life and never actually was without her. She's fine being alone, as long as Glala is nearby. However, Glala is starting to show her age and is beginning to have some issues. In the past when Dana was alone without Glala she got in complete distress mode, destroying everything in the house, trying to break out and having the neighbours wondering if we installed a foghorn in the house. We're seriously worried what would happen if Glala happens to pass away earlier than Dana...

So the solution?

....we might be getting a third husky!!! :yahoo:

Yesterday we visited a 'candidate', but we're already sold (and in love) with him. He is 6 years old, neutered, very kind, playful but also a comfortable lapdog.

post-2355-1358608313851_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13586083137008_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13586083139501_thumb.jpg

We'll bring Glala and Dana over to let them meet each other at some point and see how it'll go. Can't wait! :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also had some other dogs by the way (she rescues huskies).

This is a cute husky/malamute pup that really reminds me of [MENTION=8899]Brendy[/MENTION]'s Elai (photos to compare):

post-2355-13586083140476_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13586083141558_thumb.jpg

And this is Kira. A 2.5 years old husky that was previously abused :( Initially she was very scared of us but after an hour or so she finally got the courage to approach and sniff us. Followed by some licking and at the end of the afternoon she sat next to me getting cuddles :D

post-2355-13586083142474_thumb.jpg

I can't wait for the next meeting either :yahoo:

Not sure the exact number, but I believe we would be his 6th home or so :S She doesn't understand it either, according to her he's a very behaved dog, goes along just fine with all her other dogs, doesn't pull nor destroys stuff. Am afraid he's been victim to impulsive buyers who bought him just for the looks and only after a few months realised that you actually need to take care. It's time for him to get to his permanent home :)

• 2 weeks later...

We went and collected him, now names Wodak, and brought him home. His first meet with Glala and Dana in the park went all right. With that I mean he completely ignored them, Glala was somewhat interested and Dana tried ignoring him too :rolleyes: Back home Wodak was still the same, Glala did EVERYTHING she could to get him to play (husky talking, pawing, rolling around, stalking, doing the play bow etc). He simply stands there and looks, showing a somewhat dominant posture. Though at some point I did saw him attempting to play. Guess he's doing his best to appear as a strong and dominant dog though I have a feeling that won't be for long. At his previous home he loved playing with the other dogs. Dana is murmuring at him when he gets too close and Wokak respects that. Dana did the same for the dog of Ruth's daughter but that went slowly away and eventually turned into her being playful towards the other dog. I have no doubt it'll be the same this time, she simply needs some time to get used to the change :)

Wodak is a very good listener. When called he actually comes, including his wagging tail and a smile on his face. And that's just only after an hour being in his new home :D

I'll get some pics either tomorrow or Sunday. Don't want to take photos at night because the flash is annoying and Wodak has very red reflective eyes that are even visible without a camera :S