Thin? Or ok?

sjwrx

Just wondering if he is a bit too thin? People at the park keep saying he's SOOO SKINNY which is making me believe he really is.

However he has a rather short coat compared to some of the other huskies but has longer legs.

He is 11 months old.

post-7044-13586083175305_thumb.jpg

post-7044-13586083176158_thumb.jpg

Kuma is over two years and he's in that same weight range. Some huskies fill out, others stay lean, depends on their lines and what have you :D As long as they are happy, healthy, and eating I wouldn't worry too much. People who aren't familiar with the breed will think they are thin just because they don't really know huskies :D

Togo was the same at that age, he only filled out properly after his fourth birthday. I thought he'd gone considerably stockier.. Until he just blew his coat lol. He's just nicely proportion now. Loki on the other hand is a chunk. Yet he has the same exercise and food quantities as Togo

Good to know I'm not the only one lol.

He is still blowing his coat ATM however there wasn't much of a difference before and after in terms of how thin he looked.

I guess people say he's skinny because the park I frequent has a ton of huskies. Normal days atleast 5-8 and most are all pups around his age to about a year and a half. They are considerably thicker then panda.

He's eating well and is quite active in general.

Zeus was like that at that age and people always said he looked skinny to me, but the back end of them is supposed to be like that, they are a working dog and produce a lot energy from little food intake. Zeus is 2 in January and I can see him starting to put some beef on...which i was told would happen around 24 months old.