Weather man says SNOW !!! are you ready.

Andy

More importantly are your pooches ready for it.

for some of us it's great to see our snow dogs in as close to their natural environment as they can get.

for others it's going to be the first time that their pups have experienced the glorious white stuff.

me I say . . .

Bring it ON. . . :up:

Are you looking forward to it

or. . .

dreading the chaos it brings to getting to work or just getting to the shops

or even just getting out the end of your driveway ??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More floods? Why do you always have so many floods in the UK? :S

Because we're masochistic. :(

(and the local government is too cheap to build in the proper drainage infrastructure.)

victorian sewer systems are good enough. . . NOT !!!

not looking forward to it at all ' date=' i HATE winter with a passion[/quote']

LMAO . . . "Bah HUMBUG" !!!

we live in a weird little micro climate here, for a start we are in the thames valley so the weather tends to be milder,

and also our area usually misses the snow unless it is really really heavy. If you go 5 miles out towards Guildford they get the heavier snow and we get a sprinkle

we live in a weird little micro climate here, for a start we are in the thames valley so the weather tends to be milder,

and also our area usually misses the snow unless it is really really heavy. If you go 5 miles out towards Guildford they get the heavier snow and we get a sprinkle

Yeah, I know what you mean.

We moved out of Oxford earlier this year and traditionally all we ever got was a light dusting of snow on the ground.

we're now in High wycombe only 25 miles away but higher by several hundred feet and so we're looking forward to some nice thick snow this winter. :)

I can't wait, it's so rare for us to get snow. Last time we got the full wack :) it was amazing! The OH drove me to work as it started to fall. Took us an hour an a half to do a 15 minute journey. Took him five hrs to get home as the artics jack-knifed on the motorway trying to get up the hill. He was waiting for traffic police when some chaps knocked on the window an told him they'd walked up to the crest of the hill an if he mounted the embankment he'd be able to get past the artics an off. He got home, used the bathroom then set out to come get me at the end if my shift lol. Driving home was one of the most eerie experiences I've ever had. Once we got back, we took the dogs straight out ! Lol

[ATTACH]65132[/ATTACH]

This was the main road to the roundabout. It's called half mile island (guess why) there were 36 articulated lorries stuck round the roundabout and 20 abandoned cars, some going the wrong way on the carriageway

[ATTACH]65133[/ATTACH]

This was us leaving tyre marks coming into our close

[ATTACH]65134[/ATTACH]

This Christmas garden decoration that appears to be a bunny is actually two reindeer pulling a sled

We're fortunate we have four wheel drive, that's not counting puppy power :) bring it on!

post-1752-13586083295179_thumb.jpg

post-1752-13586083296069_thumb.jpg

post-1752-13586083297137_thumb.jpg

4 wheel drive is gonna be great :D though ive driven my crx every year in the snow somehow i remember leaving exhaust lines LOL though now im up north i doubt this will be happening! Would be nice if it holds off till after sunday as picking my car up sunday!

4 wheel drive is gonna be great :D though ive driven my crx every year in the snow somehow i remember leaving exhaust lines LOL though now im up north i doubt this will be happening! Would be nice if it holds off till after sunday as picking my car up sunday!

I have to say, with all the trouble we had with the Honda earlier this year we nearly changed it for an estate. The ionly thing that stopped us was remembering how brilliant it was in the snow

I just got me a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 for just that reason.

new set of tyres and a winter service.

3924962-PE52KHC_1.jpg

f_356356656-3226736166.jpeg

I read that Britain faces the coldest winter in 100 years :confused:

The photos in the mail online today are spectacular, especially the man walking his dog :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239556/UK-weather-forecast-Britain-faces-coldest-winter-100-years-Big-Freeze-follows-flood.html

I love the ones of the water being blown back up the cliff at saltburn. There's some video of a bus going up saltburn hill a year or so ago on YouTube.

Hope this works :)

Very nice Andy!

Yeah, but it guzzles gas like [MENTION=4]Sarah[/MENTION] guzzles vodka (almost :eek:)