post-44-13586083302673_thumb.jpg

Mixing two pictures into one

post-44-13586083303662_thumb.jpg

two photos together again but having one fading out

post-44-13586083305353_thumb.jpg

A special Christmas one for you all from Gizmo, Marley and Bandit

post-44-13586083304581_thumb.jpg

Good work :up:

When I cut something and put it in another pic (like your first one)

if it is a bright background, I tend to run a blur tool around the edges to soften them

makes the edges look less hard and more natural.

Also on the last one I would have put a tiny soft shadow on the lower edges of the hats.

Oh, yeah and looks like my graddaughter in there somewhere too :)

Great work though :up:

Good work :up:

When I cut something and put it in another pic (like your first one)

if it is a bright background, I tend to run a blur tool around the edges to soften them

makes the edges look less hard and more natural.

Also on the last one I would have put a tiny soft shadow on the lower edges of the hats.

Oh, yeah and looks like my graddaughter in there somewhere too :)

Great work though :up:

thanks for the tip :) Ive been following little guides online to learn how to do this and that as I think its quite essential for when I start photography :) do you know how I would get a shadow around the hats?

thanks for the tip :) Ive been following little guides online to learn how to do this and that as I think its quite essential for when I start photography :) do you know how I would get a shadow around the hats?

If Gimp has a Drop Shadow filter then use that if not copy the hat and colour it completely black then use a blur filter on it to really soften the edges.

reduce it in size a tiny bit and then position the blur hat under the real hat but offset below it a tiny bit.

Hope that makes sense. :)

The baby scan one is really good , they all are but that one caught my eye

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Thanks Nix

the maternity one was one I did for friends of ours who are expecting their second child. The main photo is one I got during a photoshoot and the scan is actually our friends scan photo. Took me ages to work out how to get that one to work :rolleyes:

If Gimp has a Drop Shadow filter then use that if not copy the hat and colour it completely black then use a blur filter on it to really soften the edges.

reduce it in size a tiny bit and then position the blur hat under the real hat but offset below it a tiny bit.

Hope that makes sense. :)

yeah think I have got a drop shadow on GIMP so will have a play around :)

• 1 month later...

Oh these are wonderful!! You're doing great! I definitely agree with the baby one, it caught my eye. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done, and it's beautiful :) Good work!

By the way, I've been using GIMP for years. Like for the last 6 or so. If you have any questions or need some tips, let me know and I would looooove to help! I think it's an amazing program and to be honest, I like it more than photoshop :o I got photoshop a few weeks ago with my new pen tablet and I think I've used it maybe twice (after the tutorial on how to work the darn thing)... I use GIMP for everything :3

Also, do you have the FX-Foundry set downloaded? It's outstanding. Allows you to do a lot of neat layer work, has some great photo enhancements, and all sorts of neat stuff. Much better than the basic filters.

Oh these are wonderful!! You're doing great! I definitely agree with the baby one, it caught my eye. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done, and it's beautiful :) Good work! By the way, I've been using GIMP for years. Like for the last 6 or so. If you have any questions or need some tips, let me know and I would looooove to help! I think it's an amazing program and to be honest, I like it more than photoshop :o I got photoshop a few weeks ago with my new pen tablet and I think I've used it maybe twice (after the tutorial on how to work the darn thing)... I use GIMP for everything :3 Also, do you have the FX-Foundry set downloaded? It's outstanding. Allows you to do a lot of neat layer work, has some great photo enhancements, and all sorts of neat stuff. Much better than the basic filters.
Thankyou that will be nice :) No I don't think I have the FX-Foundry set, will find it and download it, would be nice to be able to have neater pictures in the end :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...