Hey I'm new member with new puppy :)

Ninjahstarr

My family and I have just added a new member to our family. We have been dreaming about having a husky for a long time now, and our dreams finally came true. Only problem we have is deciding on a name. We had a couple picked out but feel that they don't suit her. She is 8 weeks old. Any suggestions on names would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks Chris & Samara & ???? post-8968-13586083359128_thumb.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've done most of the time is to give the dog a chance to "name themselves". Something they do that causes a "naming" reaction.

Of course, my last two came named and I don't normally change a dogs name; but before these I had a black lab who eventually got called Kala (Hindi for black) since I couldn't come up with a decent name for her.

Haha, thanks I have been on name sites for the past hour lol I just want her to have the perfect name because she is perfect :)

Lol!Maybe try and think of a name that incorporates "perfect" or her traits!Anika is a lovely name too and I think it means very beautiful and graceful!Be sure to let us know what you end up naming your little girl! :)

its one or the other....really easy and the name just comes to you or really hard and you have to sit back and wait and play with some names and see what magical moment happens when a name sticks. We made sure to use the name in all the different inflections it would be used in such as "scolding tone" the "come" tone, the "snuggle tone" and on and on:) We were able to toss out a lot of names when we just could not do a good "bad girl" tone for the name.

Grace was never on our original list.... we had Isis and Delia and Delilah and Stella and Bertha. After about 1 week it was down to two names and then the second week it just hit us, Being in a dark place after loosing Alice the Husky the new husky was some that saved us, so we were saved by Grace. We also named Alice after a Jefferson Airplane song and what better name sake to follow Alice but some one like Grace Slick. We considered naming Betty Slick! But Betty came to us within 30 minutes on the way home and it just stuck for many reasons I will save you from reading and let you get on to naming your own! LOL

Good Luck and welcome new little husky soon to be named to the forum. :)

What I've done most of the time is to give the dog a chance to "name themselves". Something they do that causes a "naming" reaction.

Of course, my last two came named and I don't normally change a dogs name; but before these I had a black lab who eventually got called Kala (Hindi for black) since I couldn't come up with a decent name for her.

I agree. I chose Niber for my boy for the meaning but in fact I call him 'buddy' now as much as Niber. He responds to both - I use Niber if training or disiplining but Buddy for recall or play. Doesn't seem to confuse him but if I had waited longer he woulda just been buddy I think.

What a gorgeous pup. Welcome to both of you. I am no good at names.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2