Help! Not sure what's going on or what to do!!!

xLOBOx

I had to work an unusually long shift today and wasn't home for 10 hours. I hate it, but I had Lobo in his crate while I was gone. Well when I got home, it smelled like poop. I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it in or around either of the dogs crates. So I took them for a walk and let the apartment air out a bit. I came back and put the dogs in the crate while I took my moms dog out since I'm watching him for the night and then I saw what looked like poop mixed in vomit in Lobo's crate. I brought him outside and now he keeps vomiting and it looks and smells like poop mixed with mucus. I'm assuming he had to potty during the day and he ended up having an accident in his crate. My theory is that he ate the poop so he wouldn't have to lay in it and now he's throwing it up.

Help!!!!! Has anyone gone through anything like this before?!?!?! I'm really worried. He's drinking a lot of water though. What should I do????

Oh no! Iv not had any experience with this but from what I can see on line most people say they might be a but ill for a day and have funny poops but should be ok, again this is just from a quick Internet scan so may be the wrong info. Is your vets open? Maybe a quick call to them could help xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It sounds like that's likely what happened. I unfortunately have several who voluntarily eat poop (sometimes their own, sometimes that of others in the pack), and while it's a disgusting habit from a human point of view, they've survived it... I'd maybe feed him some rice or bread, something bland, to help settle his stomach a bit, and restrict food otherwise for one meal. If he seems fine, give him half his normal meal, wait a bit, and if all's well, give him the rest an hour or so later. In the future, if you know you're going to be gone a longer time than usual, maybe give him only half his breakfast, so he's not so desperate to go, if you can't find someone who can come over and give him a potty break?

Don't worry, he'll be fine! A lot of his not feeling well right now probably is a result from him being upset because he did soil his kennel...

It sounds like that's likely what happened. I unfortunately have several who voluntarily eat poop (sometimes their own, sometimes that of others in the pack), and while it's a disgusting habit from a human point of view, they've survived it... I'd maybe feed him some rice or bread, something bland, to help settle his stomach a bit, and restrict food otherwise for one meal. If he seems fine, give him half his normal meal, wait a bit, and if all's well, give him the rest an hour or so later. In the future, if you know you're going to be gone a longer time than usual, maybe give him only half his breakfast, so he's not so desperate to go, if you can't find someone who can come over and give him a potty break?

Don't worry, he'll be fine! A lot of his not feeling well right now probably is a result from him being upset because he did soil his kennel...

Omg thank you so much!!! I was completely freaking out. He seems to be better now. From now on I'll be bringing the dogs to my moms house if I have to be gone a long time.

I'll update in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My little Pekingese Tenchi is a notorious poo eater. He'll eat his own and all the other dogs like its freaking candy :S Has done this ever since we got him. From time to time he will throw up poo and its so nasty. He's never had any ill long lasting effects though. I obviously discourage this habit but Tenchi is a sneaky one indeed

Eating poo is not unusual...Zoya eats the bunny poo she finds out in the yard like it's candy. We try to discourage her, but we can't always catch her at it. I just wouldn't let Lobo give you kisses for a day or two until the poo breath is gone. :D

My parents have a bunny and all the dogs love the bunny poo too!!! I dunno what it is about the bunny poo that ALL my dogs love. My dachshunds would love to eat the actual bunny, but that's a whole different story lol