Sleep.. How much do you need?

Povodny

Depends how old and fit you are. I like the French peasants Medieval system they used to use of hibernating during the winter. They used to bed down with animals in barn for six months at a time only getting up to do daily relief. Might be a bit inpracticale with Huskys.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how old and fit you are. I like the French peasants Medieval system they used to use of hibernating during the winter. They used to bed down with animals in barn for six months at a time only getting up to do daily relief. Might be a bit inpracticale with Huskys.

That sounds like bliss! The amount of time my boys spend sleeping I think they would like that idea!

I suffered from insomnia for many years and functioned off no sleep for days on end. When I finally fell asleep I would get maybe 3 hours in 3-4 days. I suffered a severe anxiety attack about 6 years ago. Through the anxiety treatment I was ordered to take medication to sleep. Well I also work shift work for the last 7 years. So I have a very up and down pattern. I now only have to take my medications when I work midnights and that requires about 12 hours of sleep or more. Every night when I go to bed I shoot for 9 hours. When working evenings I shoot for 9 also then a 2 hour nap before going in. My anxiety with ample sleep does well. The lack of sleep for 10 plus years really messed me up. I love sleep and will sleep any chance I get now.

It might sound strange but I've been referred to as nocturnal lol.

I can stay awake all night & still go to work bright eyed the following day.

I regularly stay up until 2-3am & up for work at 6am.

I'm a wagon driver so have to have a 15min break & 30min break in the day. I can fall asleep anywhere, so I park up, head on my coat as a pillow, set alarm & I'm asleep! 15mins later, I'll wake straight up & ready to go. One of my colleagues said I'm not human as I can sleep through anything!

I once parked up next to a bloke with a jack-hammer breaking up rocks, slept for 30mins & off, he was amazed :)

I'll wake straight up & ready to go. One of my colleagues said I'm not human as I can sleep through anything!

I once parked up next to a bloke with a jack-hammer breaking up rocks, slept for 30mins & off, he was amazed :)

LOL, you sound like my Dad! He can fall asleep anywhere - and its weird because as soon as the noise stops he wakes up! Almost as if the noise helps him to sleep! (He slept through ALL of the Harry Potter movies and the Lord of the Rings movies...in the theatre!!)

LOL, you sound like my Dad! He can fall asleep anywhere - and its weird because as soon as the noise stops he wakes up! Almost as if the noise helps him to sleep! (He slept through ALL of the Harry Potter movies and the Lord of the Rings movies...in the theatre!!)

I never sleep through a film. If I start watching it, I have to see all of it, even if it's s*** :lolman:

I usually get up at about 8:30-9am regardless of what time I go to bed. I Don't really sleep in like some, I don't understand people that sleep in till like 1pm. I want to be up at 5:20am to run the dogs so I'm going to be getting a maximum 5 hours and 20 mins tonight and that's if I put my head down right after I've wrote this message lol, when I get back I wont just go back to sleep either, I'll carry on as normal.

I do however have a form of Seasonal Affective Disorder and that also means that the winter makes me a lot more drowsy than usual so no matter how much I sleep at the minute, I always feel tired so I just see any longer as a waste of time lol.

Stacey xxx

These days I could sleep for a whole day! I'd like to get at least 6 hours- when I can any way.

Im not sure if it was intended, but when I read your words you sound so forlorn, like sleep is so valued, yet so unattainable? Or maybe that just having so many flippin huskies waking you at the crack of dawn lol:rolleyes:

:lolman: I'm a film nut, love watching films or some tv series. Funny thing is, I don't actually watch the TV............ :rolleyes:

I love my films, but it still took three attempts to get through despicable me. And there was something I watched on box office a few weeks ago (I can't remember what now) but fell asleep watching it, woke as it was ending. Pressed record to save it, watched it again the following day before it was deleted and still.. Fell asleep.. And missed it!

Watched dark knight rising yesterday, so glad I didn't pay to watch it at the pictures, would have been a big disappointment

I never sleep through a film. If I start watching it, I have to see all of it, even if it's s*** :lolman:

I'm like that too! My family thinks its really weird that I HAVE to see a movie all the way through without any breaks. I HATE it when my movies are interrupted by people, or when a family member stops it to go to the washroom. It drives me insane and can ruin movies for me!

I'm also a film nut...love watching all kinds of movies! The only movies I can't watch are horror ones...those just give me nightmares cause I get so 'immersed' in my movies! (The only exception seems to be monster movies)

Im not sure if it was intended, but when I read your words you sound so forlorn, like sleep is so valued, yet so unattainable? Or maybe that just having so many flippin huskies waking you at the crack of dawn lol:rolleyes:

I'd take the dogs waking me at the crack of dawn vs my crazy work schedule any day! Holidays equal higher call volume, I can't tell you the last full night sleep.

Nic, despicable me made me lol, no way I'd have fallen asleep through that, what's up with you woman?!! :rofl:

I'm like that too! My family thinks its really weird that I HAVE to see a movie all the way through without any breaks. I HATE it when my movies are interrupted by people, or when a family member stops it to go to the washroom. It drives me insane and can ruin movies for me!

I'm also a film nut...love watching all kinds of movies! The only movies I can't watch are horror ones...those just give me nightmares cause I get so 'immersed' in my movies! (The only exception seems to be monster movies)

I don't mind a loo break but drives me crackers when I'm watching a film & a friend turns up, I tell them they can come in but I'm watching a film (welcome to watch with me) then they talk through it & I end up having to put it on again when they've gone!! :@

I don't mind a loo break but drives me crackers when I'm watching a film & a friend turns up, I tell them they can come in but I'm watching a film (welcome to watch with me) then they talk through it & I end up having to put it on again when they've gone!! :@

OMG, I hate that too! Like, STFU I'm trying to watch a movie! Happened to me yesterday...my housemate walked in when I was watching a movie, and they started talking to another housemate about something trivial. I wanted to go over there and smack them! :@

(Don't have TiVo, so I can't just pause it...)

OMG, I hate that too! Like, STFU I'm trying to watch a movie! Happened to me yesterday...my housemate walked in when I was watching a movie, and they started talking to another housemate about something trivial. I wanted to go over there and smack them! :@

(Don't have TiVo, so I can't just pause it...)

Ah, the 'slap them' moment :S:lolman:

That's why I never watch tv. I can watch whatever, when I want. Did you get to watch whatever it was in the end?

Gladiator (I LOVE that movie!!!)

oh I intensely dislike it when someone comes in and starts talking at you when you're trying to watch something.. Although.... Worse is when you're constantly interrupted while reading.. It's as if people don't see reading as doing​ something!?