Strangest Christmas

Marc

With it coming up to christmas I thought I would see what strange presents people have had on here.

I think the strangest present I have ever had was some kinda wooden things that you are apparently supposed to put in your wardrobe to keep your clothing fresh. I kinda looked at them with a "Thanks" and mentally thinking "WTF are they" LOL

So whats the strangest present you have ever recieved?

Ok, this is going back 18 years or so to when I was about 8ish, now it really stuck in my head. My Auntie got me a really fancy clock for Christmas. It was one of those ornamental pieces that opens out and you can put a picture in it. I was EIGHT!!!What frikkin' 8 year old wants a clock for Christmas??!!

Erm.. A friends sister from Slovakia gave me a wooden/rubber spatula. Which I had to reclaim from my daughter when she moved out. LoL

As a child, soap on a roap was always the prezzie you received and never used.. That and the standard grey tights my nan always got for all of us 12 female cousins lol

when I was 14 or 15 my dad (who like to wrap things up weird so you have no idea what it is) gave me an ACT and SAT study books along with two sports bras rolled up and stuffed into a tube! First off, I was use to the weird wrapping, and was tickled when he rolled up the books in the tube to trick me, BUT to receive two sports "bras" from my own dad was embarrassing to say the least. ( I was an athlete which told me dad thought I needed a little extra support during my volleyball matches!

My uncle gets everyone for xmas one of those silly trinkets from the hallmark store that plays some song or moves and dances as you pass by it, is lights up some special way....yes we all get one every year. I tend to re-gift mine the next year.

:D:rolleyes:

This isn't a strange thing but... every year I continue to get stuff like makeup kits, and all sorts of 'girly' hair stuff that I'm never going to use. And they know damn well I won't use it, but they just get it cause it was on sale or at the dollar store or something.

Some of my cousins suck!!

I don't do girly stuff either, but my step-mom is hellbent on proving to me that being a 'girl' is good. I always get real girly type stuff from her.

One year (3 years ago) she actually bought me a doll ornament type thingy :eek: I have about 6 witches in my lounge, the uglier the better, so this was probably her way of counteracting them :rofl:

She means well, bless her, but we have a sort of competition each year to see who can guess what I will be getting for Christmas - it is always a surprise to see what she comes up with though, she has quite the imagination :D it is fun.

Yeah, it's really annoying...cause they are my first cousins. We grew up together, so they KNOW I'm not a girly-girl (quite the opposite. The only thing I have that is a 'stereotypical girly thing' is that I'm scared of little bugs...but oddly, the big ones don't scare me as much.

One year after I moved in with the OH my mum decided to buy us a plastic wastepaper bin each and filled them with stuff like plasters and paracetamol as part of our Christmas gift. It was weird and kind of sweet and every year from then on we get little boxes of pills and stuff. Least we never have a headache over the festive period :lolman:

My mother sent us a cheese serving set.

On another year, my mother found out that I was planning on buying my hubby a waffle maker for xmas. So when my birthday rolled around (November), she sent me a brand new waffle iron for me to give to zach for a christmas present.

Last year she bought about 10 childrens books for us for Christmas.

Christmas is boring

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

:eek: Christmas is far from boring here! I love christmas, its my favourite time of year!

well, its kinda boring at the moment as jamie is delaying me from going on decoration spree - darn scrooge :groan:

Cant think of anything strange Ive had as usually get a joint present for me and Jamie. Only personal ones I normally get are from Jamie and his mum and dad