After Waiting For Years ...

Paranormal Wolf

I finally mustered the courage to go and get my eyebrow pierced :cool: I've been wanting this since I was in high school and I graduated in 2005 hahaha. So after years of putting it off I can officially say I did it and my brow is pierced. I now have a total of 5 piercings, 4 in my ears and the new one, and 1 small tattoo. So this is day two of having it and here's a photo for proof :P

piercing.jpg

Awesome :-) looks good

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Thanks! I was so worried about how bad it would hurt and that's the biggest thing that kept me from getting it. That and finding a job but since I'm in college it has plenty of time to heal so I can take it out for work later on. Just had to get over the pain. It did hurt but was over quick enough :D

Thanks! I was so worried about how bad it would hurt and that's the biggest thing that kept me from getting it. That and finding a job but since I'm in college it has plenty of time to heal so I can take it out for work later on. Just had to get over the pain. It did hurt but was over quick enough :D

I was worried bout my tongue lol but my scaffold/industrial bar hurt more then any ov my other ones lol

Thanks everyone! :D I'm glad I finally got it done

I was worried bout my tongue lol but my scaffold/industrial bar hurt more then any ov my other ones lol

I've heard an industrial hurts quite a bit. I may get my nose done later on. Tim my OH got his septum pierced right before I got my brow done. Most normal couples take walks together and stuff but me and him go get holes jabbed in our faces :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! :D I'm glad I finally got it done

I've heard an industrial hurts quite a bit. I may get my nose done later on. Tim my OH got his septum pierced right before I got my brow done. Most normal couples take walks together and stuff but me and him go get holes jabbed in our faces :D

yup my scaffold was my most painful one ,, lol who wants to be normal tho

Looks good! Congrats! I too have been wanting to get it done. It has been a toss up for me the eyebrow or my lip. Either way it would be number 12 for me.

My OH wanted his lip pierced badly, wanted snake bites but because of his work couldn't He went with his septum so he could flip it up and hide it inside his nose lol. I say get both your eyebrow and lip done mwahahaha. My friend just got a 3rd set of piercings in her ears bringing her total to fifteen. I may get my second eyebrow done and a nose ring later on.

yup my scaffold was my most painful one ' date=', lol who wants to be normal tho[/quote']

Normal is something I never wanna be lol :cool: If it wasn't for the bias against piercings and tattoos where I live and it was easier to get a job I would love to have more and my hair would be who knows what color. I wish more people around here were open minded about that kind of stuff

My OH wanted his lip pierced badly, wanted snake bites but because of his work couldn't He went with his septum so he could flip it up and hide it inside his nose lol. I say get both your eyebrow and lip done mwahahaha. My friend just got a 3rd set of piercings in her ears bringing her total to fifteen. I may get my second eyebrow done and a nose ring later on.

Normal is something I never wanna be lol :cool: If it wasn't for the bias against piercings and tattoos where I live and it was easier to get a job I would love to have more and my hair would be who knows what color. I wish more people around here were open minded about that kind of stuff

yeah ive been lucky with my jobs really , even tho i look after kids at one job they dont mind my piercings or when i dye my hair bright colours

yeah ive been lucky with my jobs really ' date=' even tho i look after kids at one job they dont mind my piercings or when i dye my hair bright colours[/quote']

I wish it was like that here, you can't hardly find any work with piercings other than the ear and natural hair. I know people who have been fired over such. I really hate the fact its discriminated against so much in the US, or at least in in Kentucky lol.

Facial piercings are still considered to be alternative in the real work world of corporate america. It's not that you can't find jobs, but you probably are going to struggle to get into a more straight laced mainstream career with facial piercings. My daughter couldn't wait to get tattoos and piercings, and once she got pregnant, and then became a mom and started working out in the world, they all kind of just disappeared but leave holes and scars, so something is always there reminding...some tattoos easy enough to cover up. I never have really understood why anyone would want to pierce their face.

I love tattoos and piercings and always have. My tattoo is small and is not visible when wearing normal clothing so no worries there and by the time I finish college my piercing will be healed and I can take it out for work. To me piercings and tattoos on the simplest level are ways to express yourself and adorn the body (though they can have more complex meanings). People have been doing this and other types of body modification for years. While its not for everyone there are those who like it and I'm among them lol. I understand it is frowned upon and considered alternative and even some what taboo in the corporate world and honestly I find that sad. Piercings and tattoos don't inhibit a person's skills or abilities. I yearn for a world where people aren't discriminated against for their appearance and for the things they like and believe in.

See I guess its different for me. I have had a few facial piercings. I have snake bites now an a few very visible tattoos. the only way to cover them is with long pants, shoes and long sleeve shirt. And I am an accountant and I start my new job as an executive assistant at the city community college tomorrow. Nobody really minds them. But your eyebrow looks nice. Piercings are def less painful than tattoos. And Ive had 14 piercings other than my ears..

See I guess its different for me. I have had a few facial piercings. I have snake bites now an a few very visible tattoos. the only way to cover them is with long pants, shoes and long sleeve shirt. And I am an accountant and I start my new job as an executive assistant at the city community college tomorrow. Nobody really minds them. But your eyebrow looks nice. Piercings are def less painful than tattoos. And Ive had 14 piercings other than my ears..

I'm glad to hear this, gives me hope that not everywhere discriminates against piercings and tattoos. Kentucky, at least the part I live in, seems to frown upon them quite a bit. And thanks, I wanted to get my eyebrow pierced for ever and so far I've had positive reactions for the most part. Most of my friends and some of my family have piercings and tattoos as well.

I'm glad to hear this, gives me hope that not everywhere discriminates against piercings and tattoos. Kentucky, at least the part I live in, seems to frown upon them quite a bit. And thanks, I wanted to get my eyebrow pierced for ever and so far I've had positive reactions for the most part. Most of my friends and some of my family have piercings and tattoos as well.

Im in Maryland, and there are a ton of companies where I would have to hide my stuff. I guess I got lucky :)

LOL I thought about getting both done eventually. I would have to do one at a time in order for work to not flip out. Not that they really care but I would get the safety lecture and don't really want to hear it. I have so many more that I want. I have not had a new piercing in at least 5 years :(

Nice. :)

I have my tragus, belly button, and nose pierced. I work at a business office down here and no one is bothered by it.

When I start teaching though the nose ring will have to go. :( I love it and I think it's cute.

Only one of my tats is visible (Harry potter one on my wrist) I've never had any bad responses from it and its generally a conversation piece.

As for corporate America it will be loosening up because all of my generation has piercings and tattoos. You can't not hire us all..