Anything we, as a forum could help with...

Mollys_mum

hokay .... I've got some real mixed emotions here.

First, the amount that they make (converted) puts them into the low comfortable range here in the states. Admitted that may not be great in the UK, but they would be able to live on that here - again not great but livable.

I noticed that all the photos were from SWNS this is, among other things, a "Sell us your story" web site. While this story doesn't originate with SWNS, it really causes me to wonder.

Second, as others have noted, the surround sound, aquarium, etc while they may have been purchased earlier really set a tone that says "we're okay" which runs contrary to the tone of the story. Where's the dog, there are dog food bowls on the floor of the picture in the kitchen.

They aren't running the heat but she's running around in a short sleeved blouse - must be toasty warm in GB this time of year.

Lastly, being the only son of a single mother, I know how hard she had to work to put food on the table - and sometimes it was pretty basic food. There were times where it was more than just "rough" but she never put herself or me out as a front to get "help".

BTW, how much does it cost to go visit Father Christmas - they couldn't afford it ....

If this is an article to get people thinking about those who are really in need during this holiday season, from my point of view, they chose the wrong family.

Maybe I'm just awfully hard hearted, but there are others who would come higher on my list of needing help than them.

it cost me £3 for my daughter the other day to see santa.

some of the big ones in shopping.centres cost £8 or more.

my daughters school does a present collection for salvation army. why not donate to them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry there are better causes to donate to than just this one family alone. Unfortunately alot of people are in this situation im not in the best of situations myself but im lucky enough to have family and friends helping me out.

I'm confused, I was under the impression that the forum didn't allow advertising for charity fundraising, isn't that what this is? At least that was the case for the little girl who died from the brain tumour so far as I was aware. But my memory is not that great so I may have that wrong :S

OK a few observations besides the obvious flaw in the comments about her work.

--Having a £900/Month for a mortgage, plus high council tax, with children without having anything to back it up such as unemployment cover should you end up out of work in the current climate is just damned irresponsible.

--If she has lost her job of 22k a year, unless he earns a hell of a lot of money then she is not paying full council tax. If she is then she is a fool because she does not have to.

--Lets feed the fish and watch the TV with our surround sound set and starve to death... Genious.

'My husband Matthew and I have had to sell everything we possibly can - our clothes, jewellery, toys.'We are not putting the heating on at home, we have been close to losing our house. Our relationship has become very strained.

Yet they have not sold things that they seriously do not need as seen very very clearly in the pictures.... And close to losing their home!!! They should be selling it, they cannot afford a 140k house on no income... I cannot afford it and I'm on a good income!

Oh, and while we are at it lets go to the press ... Not citizens advice, the bank etc. Also if you read in the comments someone has commented who actually knows the woman and has stated she refused to sell her car because its cold!!! Yep, its cold in your house too!!

Oh .... And no I wont help.

Also if you read in the comments someone has commented who actually knows the woman and has stated she refused to sell her car because its cold!!! Yep, its cold in your house too!!

LOL, oh POOR BABY!

I have to walk in freezing temperatures, average is -25 C, for 40ish minutes everyday. And I don't have a car. So if I can do it and survive, than so can she...and I doubt it gets that cold in the UK anyways...?

I think we've missed one thing here and I want to thank [MENTION=5833]molly's_mum[/MENTION] for bringing this up. Seriously, while we've pretty well decided - as a group - that this family isn't so needy as they'd like us to believe (and as others have said, we don't know all their picture) or that they're putting on a better front to try to not make it look so bad.

It speaks wonders for molly's_mum that she brought it up to us. People with a heart are rare these days and even if the effort was, possibly, misdirected - it shows that she has the heart to care. A tip of my hat to you ma'am!

I tip my hat off to you too (well, my toque...), [MENTION=5833]molly's_mum[/MENTION]

I'm sure nobody meant to offend you or make you feel bad. It shows you have a big heart, and like Al said its a rare thing these days to have. :clap:

LOL, oh POOR BABY!

I have to walk in freezing temperatures, average is -25 C, for 40ish minutes everyday. And I don't have a car. So if I can do it and survive, than so can she...and I doubt it gets that cold in the UK anyways...?

Yeah but in fairness you guys are nuts. If I woke up and it was -25C I would become bearlike and hibernate for the winter lol

I think we've missed one thing here and I want to thank @molly's_mum for bringing this up. Seriously, while we've pretty well decided - as a group - that this family isn't so needy as they'd like us to believe (and as others have said, we don't know all their picture) or that they're putting on a better front to try to not make it look so bad.

It speaks wonders for molly's_mum that she brought it up to us. People with a heart are rare these days and even if the effort was, possibly, misdirected - it shows that she has the heart to care. A tip of my hat to you ma'am!

Oh of course. Without people in this world who do actually care where on earth would we be?

people have to high expectations she needs a reallity check.

For years i have put of moaning or admitting this to people but.

when i first met my wife we didnt earn much and where living in a 2 bedroom flat. we got by

then we moved into a house i got a better job and things improved the house was tidy and the kids where provided for.

then i got sick i was bed bound for six months and in pain and i hated it.

after 2 years if struggling i was laid off from work.

then i learnt to pace myself if i do to much i end up in bed for a while i was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. having an illness no one understands or believes is real really sucks

a few years back i got double vision, then hearing problems and recently i have developed an intention tremor (probably ms but the doctors wish to try a few things first)

and i am pleased about the prospect of having MS because it means people will stop treating me like i am faking it.

i am on very strong pain killers that do not seem to be working at the moment, so i am in pain a lot.

we live in a council house now, we have debts but we are paying them off. we always manage to feed and cloth the kids (even though it is not the latest fashions)

the kids get presents for Christmas and birthdays, but we don't go on holidays.

heating is something we turn on on Christmas day. right now i am wearing 2 jumpers and have a fleece blanket round my legs.

i dont want any sympathy. this is why i do not tell my story, i am happily married and we manage.

it is sad that she is suffering but she they could do something about it get rid of your house. learn to budget.

and if it is putting a strain on your relationship, then you married the wrong person. marriage vows are "in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer"

welcome to the real world

sorry if i upset anyone.

Yeah but in fairness you guys are nuts. If I woke up and it was -25C I would become bearlike and hibernate for the winter lol

Nope - we're not nuts. Just Canadian. Runs in the genes. LOL

Truthfully, though, its not like I WANT to go out when its that cold. I want to hibernate like you do, but I don't have a choice.

Edited by SolitaryHowl