i want another husky!!!!

kaiser

i really really want another husky, my mam's not allowing it at the min :( but i think i can change her mind, she didn't want kaiser but when we got him she fell in love with him :) im just wondering, would it be better to get a boy or a bitch? i don't plan on breeding or anything for the record :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it matters if you get a boy or girl as long as you neuter/spay them. When I got my 2nd pup I got another male and they do great together. It's 2 females that you have a bigger chance of fighting, but then again I know many people that have 2 females too!

I am glad I got my 2nd husky, it's been MUCH easier than just having 1! They definitely wear each other out.

I only had one for 7 month.. Had my second 1 week today. Blizzard is 9 month and Khaos is 8 weeks. The first 2 or 3 days were a nightmare to say the least. But now they love each other. Blizzard was very wary of him, giving me the 'when is he going' look. He was very very protective of his things, toys, bed, old bones and things. But now he is brilliant with him. Khaos lies all over him in the bed (they only use one haha) they play with the toys, blizzard is not bothered one bit now. Hoping it lasts. Good look. I'd have another in a heart beat!

We have two males, 10 months difference in age who are both unneutered and get on famously, we have two females both unspayed 18 months apart, they got on just as well and were inseparable until the older bitch became ill.. Since then we've had dominance issues that lead to full scale fights. They're currently on placid which works quite well over time.

I'm in the same boat. I want to get another dog, but I can't cause my parents won't allow me (also there's the money problem because Suka's health sucks up money like its water!!).

But, if I were to get another dog, it would be female. He likes the gals better. ;)

jaysus after reading all the comments it looks like getting a 2nd husky is the way to go, kaiser gets on great with every dog he is so laid back, and he needs a play mate i reckon, my mam is now thinking about it so fingers crossed, thanks for all the replys you really helped out, i think it will be another boy, hopefully one the spit of kaiser lol

If you're thinking about getting a second please consider getting a rehome/rescue. There are so many lovely dogs going into rescue at the moment through no fault of their own from the very young to the not so young.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you biggles, looking into that aswel, but id have to find that special husky

Agree with most everyone else. Two is the way to go. My pup keeps the old man worn out. Lol. They get along great. I have a male and female sibe, and a female gsd. The females do great.

When the pup first came home I think the reaction of the bigger dogs was "ok, this sucks, when is it leaving?" took about a week or so for the three of them to get it all figured out. One big happy family now. :)

I want to get another too. But with our current 4 dogs 2 cats, living in an apartment, it's not gunna happen. I'd also want to get a rescue this time around, but that's not gunna happen while I still have my cats.

I also want a few years in age between Kissu and my second husky to loosen the chances of possibly losing both at the same time. That would be too devastating for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I know SHWA have taken in some rescues from Ireland recently so probably have contacts over there that may be of use to you.

yeah there are ALOT of stray dogs in ireland, alot of puppy farms over here as well :( i don't know if im going to go for a resue or a puppy, a rescue puppy would be ideal :)

I really want a 3rd one also, but I live in a townhome and two is all I could handle right now. I will wait until I get a house with a big fenced in back yard before I get another one, but when I do it’s going to be a red one :)

I also want to make sure that they are not too close in age. Nikko and Yukon are only 7 months apart, so it will traumatic enough when they pass since it will probably be close together.

And I also heard that going from 1 to 2 actually made is easier (and I can attest to that!), but going from 2 to 3 is much harder

I really want a 3rd one also, but I live in a townhome and two is all I could handle right now. I will wait until I get a house with a big fenced in back yard before I get another one, but when I do it’s going to be a red one :)

I also want to make sure that they are not too close in age. Nikko and Yukon are only 7 months apart, so it will traumatic enough when they pass since it will probably be close together.

And I also heard that going from 1 to 2 actually made is easier (and I can attest to that!), but going from 2 to 3 is much harder

ive wanted a red one for ages now, but now im thinking about getting another black and white one, i dunno really, once its healthy i suppose, and kaiser will love it :) lol

When people say three is harder, are they talking about three huskies, or three dogs? We didn't have any problems adding the third, other than some annoyance of the older ones initially.

I have only heard from people with huskies so I have no idea about other dogs. Logistically it seems like it would much harder