i want another husky!!!!

kaiser

I have only heard from people with huskies so I have no idea about other dogs. Logistically it seems like it would much harder

That makes sense. I don't leash my gsd when we walk. She does terrific without, and I keep an ecollar on her just incase.

I had always thought people were referring to managing behavior/pack dynamic.

Three huskies could be a handful on a walk.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a 4th but I probably won't be getting one anytime soon. I have three girls, Maya and Sophie get along okay because Sophie was a puppy when we got her. We rescued Kay and she's about a year old. Maya and Kay had a lot of issues at first. They'd have about 2 big fights a day which I had to pull them apart and separate them for a bit. Now they don't fight much unless its over food or a toy. They're not allowed to have toys at the moment. They're both really dominate and Kay's a little crazy and annoying. I wanted to get a male because I'm sure Maya would have done well with one. My family prefer females because males "hump." Maya and Kay hump so I don't see what their problem is.

Luka has done much better (behavior wise) since Knox came along. I still want another husky but right now the two village idiots are about all I can handle. I think it would be more practical when Knox reaches over a year. I could never have two adults dogs and a puppy. I didn't want a puppy in the first place to be honest LOL but you take what life hands you.

We added number 3 a little more then a month ago. Vader was due to be put down the next day on Nov 2, 2012. I was not having that so we brought his 80 pound self home. All the dogs are still not adjusted yet. My little girl Rori and Vader still have issues when playing to long together. They are both fixed. Rusty and Vader get along well. Rusty is not fixed.

why not get one ? :) lol

I really want a 3rd one also, but I live in a townhome and two is all I could handle right now. I will wait until I get a house with a big fenced in back yard before I get another one, but when I do it’s going to be a red one :)

I also want to make sure that they are not too close in age. Nikko and Yukon are only 7 months apart, so it will traumatic enough when they pass since it will probably be close together.

And I also heard that going from 1 to 2 actually made is easier (and I can attest to that!), but going from 2 to 3 is much harder

My reasoning is basically like Jason just said, I'm afraid of constant dominance battles and them being too close in age, plus I don't have a big fenced in yard yet. I've already told myself though once I work hard enough to rent or own a house with a big yard I will get a 2nd husky (3rd dog) for Yuki to play with :)

I really want another because the other dog won't play with her. I want a puppy, but she wipes up the hardwood floors with puppies. Do they tend to get along better with huskies? She's just so rough with puppies of other breeds, I worry she will break a husky puppy...

I thought about a rescue, but there are none in my area. Plus, I'm all about hip and eye certification, and you know rescues never provide that information. I like to know what I'm getting in to before getting a dog, so I don't want a dog that will eventually need hip replacement surgery. If it's going to be a friend for Juno, they need to be able to keep up with her.

So I'm thinking possibly a young or adult that a breeder nearby is looking to rehome. But first I have to sell my car and get one that is big enough to fit two huskies...

Huskies play rougher then other breeds...and huskies seem to get along great with most all other huskies. Probably just has something to do with how they play...other dogs (and their owners for that matter) seem to thing huskies play too rough and don't like it. But other huskies and their owners know how it is and are fine with it.

Huskies play rougher then other breeds...and huskies seem to get along great with most all other huskies. Probably just has something to do with how they play...other dogs (and their owners for that matter) seem to thing huskies play too rough and don't like it. But other huskies and their owners know how it is and are fine with it.

a woman i met at the weekend was amazed to hear of the forum and meets and camps coz she said her huskies need other huskies to play with.

Yea that's what I thought. She plays really well with bulldogs of the english and olde english variety, but it's all of the health issues that come along with them that is making me think twice about getting one.

I'll keep searching for a good breeder