Typical South African photo :)

Rosemary

I received this photo in an e-mail. It was taken by someone on the way to Cape Town. The mountain to the left is Table Mountain with Devil's peak to the right of it - this is pretty typical here. From what I understand, the families in the township own one or two cows and they pay a herder to look after them during the day - this is obviously his way of getting to the grass that is greener on the other side :D

post-1262-13586083684253_thumb.jpg

While on the subject of strange sightings on the motorways

This is Stott Hall Farm. Apparently when they decided to build the M62 across the Pennines the local myth is the farmer refused to be moved but actually the geology of the area was the reason for building round the farm which is situated on Windy Hill near Saddleworth Moor and is also close to the highest point on any motorway in the United Kingdom at 1,221ft (372m) above sea level :)

It's nicknamed 'little house on the praire' by CB using lorry drivers coz it's so remote lol

post-1752-1358608368695_thumb.jpg

Bloody hell Nic, how did you find that!!:rolleyes:

It's amazing what you can find on't t'internet if you're sad enough to look :rofl:

But seriously, I've been driving down the m6 and 62 an seen cows crossing.. It's quite amazing really lol

The chap who lives on the farm in the middle of 62 has had a documentary made about him and his life :$ he's what could be described as slightly eccentric :confused: