Question on Eye Problem

Fiona

my 8mth old female husky has conjunctivitus vet had her on steroid eye drops for 2 weeks but this hasnt helped,he has decided to just leave it(but contact him if her eyes start to discharge) her condotion started when she came into her first season,could this be connected ?

Mine gets conjunctivitis too, about once a year. My vet always puts him on antibiotic ointment drops and its gone within 7 days (with 2 drops in each eye every day). I wish I knew the name of the ointment.

I would go see another vet (change permanently) if yours just decides to 'leave it'. Conjunctivitis, if not treated, can lead to serious eye problems or even blindness.

More about it here: http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/conjunctivitis-dogs

she was treated for 2 weeks on a steroid eye ointment called Fucithalmic.Does anyone think maybe because she is in her first "season" it may be the reason her eyes havent healed,"hormones gone haywire".she has no discharge nor is she rubbing or scratching them.She has another 8 days left of her season,so im going to fone the vet if it hasnt cleared,and ask for a second opinion.