how to howl

beanyboy1982

We've taught Cj to speak using treats. Speak is one of her tricks she does as part of her daily trick routine. We have her speak using both verbal command and by hand commands. Other than that she rarely speaks on her own. Ace on the other hand is a talker....all you need to do is make a woo-woo sound and he'll usually talk back! :)

hi all my dog will howl at sirens but nothing else how did you get yours to howl by talking to them ?

Malaki runs to the window, stands up on the sofa and howls at ambulances, fire trucks and police cars as they go by :yahoo:

Mine wont howl very often. They only howl if they want to. Ive never heard Bandit howl, he tends to just bark and whine! Gizmo and Marley will howl but its hardly ever now, they used to howl alot when they has separation anxiety but since we have got that under control we don't hear them howl often.

Gizmo and Marley will sometimes come and talk to us, its quite funny but then I start scaring myself when I can understand them :rofl::S

If I get Marley really excited and playful he will sometimes start talking so from there if I wanted to teach him how to speak I would start there and reward and praise when he spoke.

Ammo is talker/barker big time. Our Gunner is more of a, I don't know how to put it...he doesn't bark much but he does like a deep "arr arr arr" I guess lol. Neither of them howl...even playing videos on youtube.

You mean 'woo'ing?

(The 'Wooor, arrrr, woooaaarh' sounds they make. We call them 'wooing' on here.)

Bear does small howls when she feels like it. The only time Ice has let off a proper howl was the day of his neuter. I came home from work and he followed me outside, laid down and made the most mournful howl I've ever heard. Guess he was grieving for the loss of his dangly bits.