Where I've been All Week...

LittleLuka

hi guys! sorry i haven't been as active as usual. I've been really busy this week! i know we're all animal lovers so i thought i'd share my story.

Tuesday morning I signed on facebook and my friend Sarah had posted a picture. I looked at it and realized it was a local boy from our town and I was automatically horrified. (I don't know if it's appropriate to post on here so i won't) He had shot a dog and taken a picture with it and then uploaded it on Facebook. Automatically I start commenting on it. Sarah had already called the ASPCA and given them information. I decided it deserved at least local attention so i posted it on our local news website. IT BLEW UP.

The picture has around 908 likes of people agreeing that justice should be served. Also, around 2,000 comments of people bantering on it.

The news station did a report of it Tuesday night and I was asked to give my statement. My name isn't mentioned but I basically said he was holding the poor animal like a trophy of some sort. He's claiming it attacked him and it was a wild dog. This is AFTER his first two stories have been said.

First, he was hunting and the dog was on his land so he shot it or it would have scared off all the deer. Secondly, it was then claimed he thought it was a pitbull and shot it to protect himself. Now he has his new story.

Whatever the case it isn't okay and I'm not sorry I posted it. He put it online and therefore it's his fault. Authorities are investigating.

Most people seem to agree with me but his brother has threatened me. I've contacted the law.

ANyways that's where i've been....

Link in case anyone is interested in the news story : http://wreg.com/2012/12/04/photo-of-teen-holding-dead-dog-sparks-concern/

Okay, I'll grant that this is Mississippi - the home of ..... whoah, let's not even go there!

First, if a dog - wild or not - attacks me or one of mine, it can expect - first a round fired over its head, the next one goes for keeps. So I do understand where a lot of the comments are coming from. Standing 50 feet away or chasing after something entirely different doesn't count as "attacking".

Second, assuming that he (the kid) was on his family property then I can understand, to a degree, killing the dog. But killing a pest (one who's chased / killed cattle, etc) is one thing, making a trophy statement out of a dead dog is something entirely different.

This story is scarey, the comments to it are more scarey!!

Okay, I'll grant that this is Mississippi - the home of ..... whoah, let's not even go there!

First, if a dog - wild or not - attacks me or one of mine, it can expect - first a round fired over its head, the next one goes for keeps. So I do understand where a lot of the comments are coming from. Standing 50 feet away or chasing after something entirely different doesn't count as "attacking".

Second, assuming that he (the kid) was on his family property then I can understand, to a degree, killing the dog. But killing a pest (one who's chased / killed cattle, etc) is one thing, making a trophy statement out of a dead dog is something entirely different.

This story is scarey, the comments to it are more scarey!!

if the dog was attacking him then why was it shot in the gut? he stuck the rifle up under him? yeah that makes sense. pshhhh. not.

if the dog was attacking him then why was it shot in the gut? he stuck the rifle up under him? yeah that makes sense. pshhhh. not.

Luke, you seem to have the impression that I was defending *his* actions ... NOT! There are cases where shooting a dog (or coyote) make sense - making a trophy out of it does not!

Luke, you seem to have the impression that I was defending *his* actions ... NOT! There are cases where shooting a dog (or coyote) make sense - making a trophy out of it does not!

Lol I wasn't tryin to accuse you al! I'm just ranting and still very fired up over it! Agree with why you say completely.

Lol I wasn't tryin to accuse you al! I'm just ranting and still very fired up over it! Agree with why you say completely.

'sokay, if you read me latest you'll realize my heads not in the best place either. BTW, I have a brother who lives in MS and one who lives in TN and the rest of that part of the family is from MO - we do have some really good sessions of "let's cut down the hicks" when we get together!