Something is wrong with my dog??!! 25% Timber wolf 25% Malamute 50% Husky

Maya2010

About an hour ago, I was headed to the bathroom when I noticed my dog following me..."trying to follow me".. Her front leg/legs were somewhat locked up and she couldn't walk straight at all. she fell down and starting shaking real bad and peed a little too. After about 4-5 minutes she seemed to be back to normal and shaking slowly stopped. Now I wouldn't say like seizure shaking but more of a trembling. What the hell happened and do I need to take her to a vet?:eek::@:(:confused:

Sounds like some sort of seizure and recommend that you see a vet .. I used to have a dog with epilepsy who had fits and they consisted of just losing control of all limbs eyes staring and dribbling, fits can take all be different . His epilepsy was controlled by tablets an he then really had any only when he got stressed. I'm sure he will be fine but I'd get him checked in case it might be something else. Keep us all informed.

Sounds like a fit to me too.I also had a dog who used to fit. It was a very frightening experience first time,but although scary,she was fine just a few minutes later.We took her to our vet just to check her over.Even though her fits continued throughout her life,she never needed medication as they were quite random.Hope it's nothing more serious but get it checked for peace of mind.x

Keep us posted. Where in Iowa are you located? I'm in the Quad Cities. A few other Iowa members on the forum as well.