Hi, my name is Koda and I'm a paperholic.

Mazz

This is not about a Husky, directly, but about an Aussie/Border Collie mix named Koda. However, it is within our home in which two Huskies live, Zoya and Eisa.

As many of us know, Huskies are notorious for getting into trouble when left alone. Tearing up furniture, walls, carpet, etc. Funny though, our two Huskies must be part Angel, because we have no evidence of either of them doing such dastardly deeds. Of course, Zoya is usually confined in a kennel for extended periods, but Eisa and Koda have run of the house while we are at work.

Lately, we have found paper bits laying on the floor. One day, some of my John Deere manuals were strewn about in my office with soggy tooth marks and corners missing. Then there were the bills that went missing off the counter. Earlier this week, the latest copy of my unread Wisconsin Natural Resources Magazine was ripped to shreds in the middle of the kitchen floor. We suspected Koda, but thought it might be Eisa. Then, thinking back there was the pumpkin pie incident, which was Koda.

Yesterday, I came home and found white plastic pieces laying in the living room. The carpet also had some blotchy stains. Did not think too much about it, as I was going down to the kennel to let Zoya out, after letting Eisa and Koda out. Then I went to prepare their food bowls, and the Omega oil that Zoya gets on her food was nowhere to be found. It was on the counter this morning. Then the light bulb came on. Went back into the living room, and there on the floor, with the cap chewed off, was the plastic bottle of Zoya's Omega oil. So that's where the blotchy stains came from.

Seems Koda is the one with issues. So today, Zoya and Eisa have free reign, and Koda is in the kennel. Will see how that works out.

Anyone else deal with issues like this? What did you do?

Can't trust my two to be free in the house lol. Luka loves toilet paper, shoelaces, and socks too much. For like three days Knox kept busting out of his crate and terrorizing the house. Nothing was really destroyed except Luka's ego due to being the only one kenneled. lol they both will shred paper like it's no tomorrow though.

Yeah our boys cant be left out alone either. Did a few times gating them in the entry way...their bell to go outside was chewed apart, small part of the wall trim was shredded, door stopper off the wall lol. That was the last time we left them out with no one home. They are fine at night when we go to bed though.

YES...Jessy is the culprit. It started harmlessly with a pair of underwear, escalated to a few things off the counter in the kitchen strewn in the living room, then there was the exotic wood piece that Jeff had painstakingly turned and was one of our favorite pieces...well after all, it was wood, and probably went flying as they flew through the hallway. Out came the crate, and in went Jessy. She actually doesn't seem to mind and has taken to it nicely. On the other hand, we have a couple of pee pee puppies that have no shame in marking....though we never leave without covering most of the areas with plastic...at least it doesn't stink like piss. Maybe you need two crates. I'm considering a second one still.

Well, here's how it went today.

Zoya and Eisa did fine being loose in the house. Koda was in the kennel. But remember that bottle of Omega oil? It has a laxative effect. OMG! Nuff said.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

LOL we have paper and baby nappies every where.

If we don't clean them up ASAP then they are chewed into oblivion until WE clear them up

and put them in the bin or on the coal fire !!!!!!

Used to have the opposite problem with Polee only being destructive when in her crate including destroying 4 Yale padlocks to get out of if. Touch wood there's been no destruction since she's been given free roam of the house for the past 5 years or so.

We are lucky, they haven't destroyed anything in the house, but Micha likes to chew branches/twigs/wood which I keep throwing away but she just goes and picks a few more off the shrubs and trees. As long as she doesn't think the wooden furniture in the house looks tasty I shouldn't complain too loudly.

I think if there was paper lying around, Micha would have a blast shredding it .

Poor Koda, hope the tummy has settled :(

I tried to crate train Bear without much success. How can you train a crate to a dog with confinement issues? She freaks out before she's even inside and will never relax and lay down, there's a story behind this somewhere but one I'll never know as she was rescued. She's got the hallway and landing to herself now. Sadly my carpets pay the price as she will rip them up and tear bits.

Ice on the other hand, loves his crate now and thank god as he's worse than Bear if he thinks no one is looking!

Edited by emma1979

Ours are all crated when we are out of the house. I think kimba and Kaiser would be fine. Kimba wouldnt touch anything and Kaiser I doubt would get up off the couch for long enough to do anything. Koda however ..... Well ........All I can say is it must be in the name LOL

some of you have such trust worthy huskies! i'm amazed! you cant turn your back on luka for a minute or he's into something.

This was after being left in our room for seriously only 10-15 minutes by himself with josh standing OUTSIDE:

post-7406-1358608473095_thumb.jpg

and yes, please notice the blinds. they are scattered across the floor. :(

i would love to leave Luka out of his crate but this is what my whole house would look like :(