I so disagree with this.....

Dunc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20645600

After the Jimmy Savile investigations there are a lot of old cases coming forward and arrest being made of prominent people in the UK under Operation Yewtree now yeah if these are guilty of such crime lock um up and throw away the key I say BUT.....

What happened to being innocence till proven guilty ?

These people don't stand a chance mud sticks and even if investigations are found to be unfounded they have been named and this can't be right what do you think ?

Innocent until proven guilty - yeah right ........... :(

A BBC spokesman said: "In light of the very serious nature of these charges Stuart Hall will not be working at the BBC while the police continue with their inquiries."

If he is found guilty they can lock him up and throw away the key. But, if he is found not guilty, he will carry this around with him for the rest of his life, but i seriously don't know if the police would arrest him without solid evidence ?

But what really worries me and irritates the heck out of me is women accusing men falsely - for whatever reason. The next woman who IS abused will be treated like a liar and a fraud because people will wonder if she is another false accuser. We have had this happen in SA on numerous occasions :@ and it is the genuinely abused women who suffer the consequences.

I might of told this before on here but here goes...

A colleague not so much a friend but I new him well back in the day ( think I was about 18 ) was arrested and charged with raping a minor now I can't remember all the details but this is the reason I have never agreed with the outing of anyone until proven guilty...

This colleague was arrested at work ( in a big club where we worked ) in front of everyone...

He was charged the day after with rape and remanded in jail till court...

3 days later not on as this guy now no job his parents who believed he had done it kicked him out and disowned him ...

His picture was on the front page of the paper with of course his name...

Because he had no-where to go they remanded him for about 6 months before his trial..

In court under cross examination the girl brakes down and admits she had made it up...

He was acquitted...

At 18y of age this lads life as it had been was over and I am sorry to say have never seen him since

While there may be people who were genuinely abused by celebrities all those years ago.

I think there are going to be a lot of people who simply because they can prove a link to

these people, appeared as a guest / contestant on their TV show etc.

Who are going to come forward and falsely claim to have been abused in the hope of getting compensation

either from the estate of the person or as a payment from the newspapers for their stories.

IMO the accused stands no chance of receiving a fair trial the moment there name is released to the press as they're then tried in the media and not in a court of law. If they're proved to be innocent of the offence because the 'victim' has made a deliberately false accusation then the supposed victim should serve the same duration of prison sentence that the accused would've received. There should also be a ban of publishing anyone's name in the media until after they've been tried and convicted in a court of law. Any newspaper printing any such information should face severe consequences akin to perjury.

I know of someone who killed themselves as a direct result of being falsely accused of a serious crime which the alleged victim later admitted was false

It surprises me that the media payout large sums of money to celebrities in minor libel cases but you never hear of them paying similar sums to those they have named and found guilty before the person has been tried and found guilty in court.

I might of told this before on here but here goes...

A colleague not so much a friend but I new him well back in the day ( think I was about 18 ) was arrested and charged with raping a minor now I can't remember all the details but this is the reason I have never agreed with the outing of anyone until proven guilty...

This colleague was arrested at work ( in a big club where we worked ) in front of everyone...

He was charged the day after with rape and remanded in jail till court...

3 days later not on as this guy now no job his parents who believed he had done it kicked him out and disowned him ...

His picture was on the front page of the paper with of course his name...

Because he had no-where to go they remanded him for about 6 months before his trial..

In court under cross examination the girl brakes down and admits she had made it up...

He was acquitted...

At 18y of age this lads life as it had been was over and I am sorry to say have never seen him since

Scary how they can just go arrest someone bc another person accused them of something. Happens over here in the u.s. also.

I too believe there should be some type of punishment for false accusations, though thinking it through, it may cause less accusers to fess up to their lies.

I agree with you Dunc, their name should be kept out of the papers. Innocent until proven guilty.

Where does it all end though? If someone has been abused/raped, I agree, they should report it but why wait until years down the line?! Is it just so they can claim Compo?

I might appear insensitive, far from it, rapists & child abusers imo should be PTS if they are found guilty.

It's wrong that women can make false claims, ruin someone's life but remain anonymous themselves, that to me is wrong!

I agree with you Dunc, their name should be kept out of the papers. Innocent until proven guilty.

Where does it all end though? If someone has been abused/raped, I agree, they should report it but why wait until years down the line?! Is it just so they can claim Compo?

I might appear insensitive, far from it, rapists & child abusers imo should be PTS if they are found guilty.

It's wrong that women can make false claims, ruin someone's life but remain anonymous themselves, that to me is wrong!

I agree 100%, and also that false accusers should get the maximum sentence the person they accused would have received.