How big is he gonna get!!!!

RJS

We knew that Kodiak was gonna be big...

He's now nearly 8 months old, and currently weighs in at 45kgs. The vets say that although his weight is in proportion to his size, they have no idea now how big he is going to get.

I took this photo yesterday at my cousins house, which shows just how big he is now

[ATTACH]65757[/ATTACH]

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has ever had/seen a pup this big before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-8160-13586084562678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We knew that Kodiak was gonna be big...

He's now nearly 8 months old, and currently weighs in at 45kgs. The vets say that although his weight is in proportion to his size, they have no idea now how big he is going to get.

I took this photo yesterday at my cousins house, which shows just how big he is now

[ATTACH]65757[/ATTACH]

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has ever had/seen a pup this big before?

BTW, my cousin in the photo is over 6ft tall... !!!!!

Jesus...what have you been feeding him? :-)

He's on Royal Canin Giant Junior with either Tuna, raw mince or some other meat... Then he has either raw carrots, apples or a veggie treat at night... Plus his biscuit treats when we're training him....

Robert he is positively puny I don't know what your worried about pmsl, he still looks so puppy tho like he has so much more growing to do!!! I think he may just be the size of an elephant once he's done lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Think Gary was a bit shocked when he was jumped on by Kodi!!!!

he is still very much a puppy, although there are times that we forget that then wonder "why is he doing that???"

We were at the vets on Saturday for his monthly weight check. When we first took Kodi, they said that he wouldn't grow any bigger than 40kgs...he's still got another 11 months of growing yet, and already he's bigger and heavier than most huskies and mals that we've met....

We took him to Wigan town centre on Saturday, and people didn't believe me when I said he was only a pup. At one point I had about 15 people around me & Kodi!!!

I will b at delamere with my husky who is also 8months old and tiny compared to your boy.... :) can't wait to meet him :) x

Good stuff...

Think I can honestly say that you'll easily find us there..just look for two guys with the biggest pup....that'll be us!!!

There's probably no telling how big he could get. The large breed males don't finish growing until they are three and the ideal weight for an adult mal is 85lb. I'm wary of anybody that sells a standard breed as "giant, mini, teacup, etc." Most of the time these variations flat out don't exist beyond the sale and the breeder has just been breeding oversized or undersized dogs, but may not be doing the health checks to make sure the dogs can handle the extra size. I usually put them in with the people selling "rare" colors.

Edited by jmscott

:lolman: Bless :) ill b following Brian as I have no idea where I'm goin :)

by the way where did u get ur boys harness from.... ??? :)

The Julius? Got it from Amazon, it's cheaper than buying it direct from Julius-K9... a word of warning, the chest guard doesn't come with the harness, you need to buy it separately. For Kodi's, he's a size 3 (XL), with the harness, chest guard and p&p came to about £57. I like it, Kodi doesn't!!!

Ooossshh a little outta my price range...will have to keep looking :) thanx anyway :)

have a word with @The-Anarchistic-Huskies, Pete has some reflective harnesses & leads for about £13.50 isn...we use the leads with the Julius.