Best Dog Food

HuskyGuerl

Okay I want to switch my dogs off of Ol'Roy for some reason im getting a since of not likeing it. Ive read some reviews on it and they have only been on it since August. I use to have them on Royal Canin but they no longer sell the siberian husky breed. I live in the United States In Missouri and alot of stuff is not as available here as in other places. What would be the best brand to switch to?? Thanks : )

I second Taste of the Wild. I switched both mine to that and they are doing really well on it. I use the high prairie formula. They used to be on Wellness food but it seemed Nikko was loosing interest in it, and it gave Yukon the runs.

My gosh, TOTW is headquartered in Missouri, so it should be readily available. Probably won't find it in grocery stores, but feed stores, fleet or farm stores often carry it. Some independent pet supply stores may also carry it. It is an excellent food, though some individual dogs do have issues with it, but that can be said for almost every commercial dog food. The thing I like about the company, is if you have a problem with the food, or your dog has an issue with the food, you give them a call and ask to speak with their staff veterinarian, and if not available, she will call you back. That's service in my book.

Another very good brand of dog food to look at is Merrick. It is, however, rather expensive and rather limited in availability.

I feed my whole kennel TOTW as well, Salmon in the summer months where the caloric demands are lower and Bison/Venison formula when we are under higher caloric demands. I can't say enough about this food, we love it! It keeps my dogs in top condition whether we're showing or sledding or just being lazy couch dogs!

Another very good brand of dog food to look at is Merrick. It is, however, rather expensive and rather limited in availability.

Suka didn't like Merrick, I've tried all the flavours, and nope. He would only eat it with wet food mixed in (man, was THAT annoying to do!) But, when I bought TOTW 6 months later (I had bought 2 huge bags of the stuff, I was stupid back then!), he couldn't stop smelling the bag!

If you can, I would bring your dog with you shopping. Let him smell the bags, and when he lingers on one, check it out. Look at the ingredients list (first 3 or so ingredients should be meat...and preferably no grains in it at all cause husky stomachs are usually sensitive). If the ingredients list sucks, move along the isle until he stops at another one. Repeat the process until he finds one that he likes, and its a good quality one.

That way, you'll know what food he'll most likely go for. Some dogs I know of won't even eat TOTW or Acana, the 2 most expensive brands around here.

We found taste of the wild near us and we are going to give it a try for both the puppies and adults..Thanks everyone :-)

I've had good luck with it, I even put Yukon on the all life stages since he was 4 months old and he has done great on it. You can usually find some good deals online too if you search for them. Most places give you a 10% discount if your a first time buyer and you opt for the scheduled deliveries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, what’s the best dog food? This is probably the single most pressing question on every dog owner’s mind.

but I think home dog food is best for our dog health and fitness. so if any one have best home made dog food recipe then share with nice patronage.

EVO

http://www.evopet.com/products

More expensive that TOTW (US-$60.00 for a 28lb bag). I've tried the TOTW, but they liked EVO better and they don't eat every day, so a bag last me close to 4 weeks. I would say as long as it's grain free and good quality, you can't go wrong.

True but my pup couldn't eat grain free so we have been feeding fromms which only has rice and oatmeal. Hes 10 months and as soon as he's a year I plan on trying grain free again. He loves evos treats so maybe I should try that instead of totw again

• 1 month later...