'Many die' in US school shooting

Dunc

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems every week in the US, we have a report of a shooting, sometimes two. Earlier this week it was a shooting at a mall in Oregon. What is really tragic, is that innocent people are being killed.

Rough followup:

The shooter lived in New Jersey

His father was found dead at their house.

His mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school and the shooter went into her room and started shooting. Apparently most of the children victims were her students.

I cannot fathom what would be going through his mind, I cannot even begin to fathom what those children at the school will go through when it comes time to return to school, presumably, after the holidays now.

This goes completely beyond horrific!!!

there was also a shooting today in my city.... :( a woman police officer was killed by a 21 year old man... the other officer is in stable condition.

I don't know what is going on today, but it's tragic... all those poor little children... not to mention the officer who left her 4 young children behind

http://wreg.com/2012/12/14/live-police-director-on-fatal-shooting-of-officer/

My theory with how many shootings is people think the world is ending, and they want to die on their terms, and take the people they love with them.

When I was at the store a few days ago I heard two women talking bad about a pregnant woman who could probably hear them too, saying she was irresponsible for getting pregnant so close to the end of it all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

My theory with how many shootings is people think the world is ending, and they want to die on their terms, and take the people they love with them.

When I was at the store a few days ago I heard two women talking bad about a pregnant woman who could probably hear them too, saying she was irresponsible for getting pregnant so close to the end of it all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Seriously? I can't believe people really buy into the fact the world is going to end next week! How many days have we had when it was supposed to be the end? There are a lot of crazies out there :eek:

Seriously? I can't believe people really buy into the fact the world is going to end next week! How many days have we had when it was supposed to be the end? There are a lot of crazies out there :eek:

i wasnt meant to get to 18 or was it 21. im well.past that lol

It really is so tragic. My thoughts are with all who are affected by this

Don't take me wrong [MENTION=4265]Paranormal Wolf[/MENTION], I'm not just being argumentative but I think everyone is affected by this. There isn't a one of us who either doesn't have kids / grandkids or friends with kids and incidents like these have to make one wonder if they're going to be safe at school today and that really sucks! Kids should be safe, at least at home and school where they have people to watch over them. Kids get hurt enough just as a natural part of growing up, broken arms from falling out of trees - that's all too natural, getting shot by a deranged idiot (only because I can't put anything much stronger here) is not.

After events like these, aren't we all a little more insecure??

"Right to bare arms" - Sounds great in theory, however it does not work. Have said this a few times, and the last time was only a few month ago in another thread about the cinema shooting. Probably not as easy to see being in the US, however doing something like this in England would be extremely difficult for no other reason than getting hold of a gun is extremely difficult, even for people who are licenced. It seems so simple to me, just remove the problem. You cannot remove people with phycological problems, however you can remove their ability to shoot people. Even if you give a gun to a law abiding citizen, what is to stop someone simply taking it? The honest answer is absolutly nothing.

This has happened in the UK years ago... What happened? We removed the problem by putting laws in place, now it hardly ever happens..

Yeh there are shootings in gangs etc, but you won't hear of someone going around shooting innocent people.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

This has happened in the UK years ago... What happened? We removed the problem by putting laws in place, now it hardly ever happens..

Yeh there are shootings in gangs etc, but you won't hear of someone going around shooting innocent people.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I agree 100%. However it would be very difficult to put new laws in place here in the US. This is a very pro-gun country and the NRA is a powerful lobbying group. We even have a fairly liberal president and he has not pushed for any new gun laws, in fact the laws have gotten even more lax. This is the 3rd major shooting spree in just a few years and it is very sad that still nothing has been done.

I am a gun owner. I do some shooting at a range near my home. Where are my guns right now? Locked in a secure 500lb gun safe. It is a serious problem in the US. The NRA has lobbied heavily in all states for right to carry laws. Many states have them now and obtaining a gun is fairly easy if you have a clean background. Even easier if you go to a gun show where background checks are not always done. It is a very serious issue and I hope this country wakes up and does not let these kids' deaths fall into oblivion.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2