Hello from chicago

serothis

Hello, new husky owner checking in.

I adopted the yet-to-be-named husky on wednesday and after her spaying she came home from the shelter. She's 5 months old and already 30lbs. If her paws are any indication, she's going to be HUGE. She's surprisingly calm. I'm not sure if that's because of the stress of a new place, or recovering from surgery or what but I really like it. I grew up with a GSD/lab mix, who has since passed away, so I was expecting another high energy intelligent dog. Instead I got an intelligent evil mastermind who seems to be quietly plotting her world domination.

Anyway, pictures for the peanut gallery.

DSC_0077_zps4b594eda.jpg

DSC_0069_zpsdb999573.jpg

DSC_0073_zps8155f8b4.jpg

IMAG0127_zps7a2d90b6.jpg

DSC_0083_zps84f0eabc.jpg

I swear she doesn't sleep as much as the picture might lead you to believe but I keep forgetting to take my camera outside to get pictures of her tracking squirrels when they get into the top branches of our elm trees. It's an awesome sight.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful girl. Congratulations!

Do know that her being calm is not likely to be her true identity! These huskies, which have stolen my heart for the past 17 1/2 years, are seldom easy to keep calm. Of course each husky is different, but prepare yourself for zoomies (AKA husky hot laps) throughout your home, a canine who sincerely watches for every opportunity to escape and explore the neighborhood (all the while NOT watching for cars) and one who questions your every move.

No matter what her demeanor turns out to be, know that we are here to help in any way we possibly can. Each of us is willing to share our knowledge of the breed and give advice where we can.

Let us know what you name her........personally, I think Beauty would be a fitting name!

Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the form! She is so beautiful!! I love her mask too. I have 2 and they are complete opposites, Nikko is crazy hyper and Yukon is more laid back and calm most of the time.

And it's nice to have another one from the Chicago area!

She is a beautiful girl and perhaps a mix with a malamute? She's not as "pointy" in her facial features as many huskies, so maybe that is why her weight and feet seem extreme for her age. She will settle in and surprise you. All three of mine were very quiet, at first, all rescues. Now, there are days we can't get them to shut up! Perhaps you will have the same. Check this out for what a talkative husky might offer:

TE0GcuGTp_4qA

I'm just enjoying the disproportionate size of her paws and head to the rest of her body :D It's possible she's a mix but i'm not reading too much into it.

She had her first playdate today. Sadly she had to stay on leash but she had a good romp with my friends' dogs. And now she's all tired out. I'll have to start a thread in the photography section for her many adventures

Thank you for all the warm welcomes

I totally get the "plotting the downfall of the world" comment - that made me giggle. Our two huskies sit quietly watching all and sundry and without any expression!! Once could be forgiven for thinking they're just biding their time and makng their plans. Awww - we love them though.

Welcome to the Husky world. Enjoy!! Beautiful Doggies

Paul, Deb, Bear and Ajax (and our 8 cats!!)

post-8869-13586084990266_thumb.jpg

[MENTION=1262]Rosemary[/MENTION]

In the original picture she has serious red eye which makes her seem all the more sinister. :D

So the wild husky side is coming out. It's rainy and gross outside right now (I wish it had snowed :() and she really doesn't like the rain. When we went out she stopped at the door. It took some cajoling to get her out and as soon as she was done going potty she ran straight back for the door. Which means she's been cooped up inside all day and has a lot of pent up energy.

[MENTION=1262]Rosemary[/MENTION]

In the original picture she has serious red eye which makes her seem all the more sinister. :D

So the wild husky side is coming out. It's rainy and gross outside right now (I wish it had snowed :() and she really doesn't like the rain. When we went out she stopped at the door. It took some cajoling to get her out and as soon as she was done going potty she ran straight back for the door. Which means she's been cooped up inside all day and has a lot of pent up energy.

I can't get over how cute she is! I feel your pain, it's been rainy and crappy out all day. If it were not for our trip to petsmart they would be out of control!

Do you live in the city? I just went ahead and walked them tonight and dried then off lol.

I can't get over how cute she is! I feel your pain, it's been rainy and crappy out all day. If it were not for our trip to petsmart they would be out of control!

Do you live in the city? I just went ahead and walked them tonight and dried then off lol.

I live in the burbs just outside the city

wow she is adorable!!!! :wub:

welcome to the pack :D

she's adorable and i'm pretty sure she knows it. :D

[MENTION=2355]BlueWolf[/MENTION]

The dancing huskies are awesome, thank you. :P