Ugh. Why!?

BrittanyNicole

So for the past month I've had my puppy Zoey my boyfriend and I have been going back and forth to the vet because of our suspicion of an EU condition. I've spent well over $600 in vet fees and our water bill is going to be going up since we are always having to wash her bed, blankets, toys, and her. I have also contacted the breeder I bought her from, but she isn't being as cooperating as I thought she was. She wants us to return the puppy to get a refund (not a full refund, which isn't stated in our contract if we were to give her back) even if we show her our vet bills, which is not okay with me because I am IN LOVE with my baby. So I don't know what else to do or say to the breeder. I am just very upset with her because all she has to say is all the other puppies are doing fine so there shouldn't be anything wrong with mine. In the contract it also states to take the puppy to the vet to see if there is any medical conditions within the first week and she would replace the puppy. So we did. When we contacted her at the end of the first week she had the nerve to tell me I shouldn't have taken my puppy to the vet so soon because all they want is my money. Which is a bunch of bull! Also, instead of getting a refund from her she just wants to give us a completely free puppy and just call it a deal. Why would I want another puppy from her after having gone through all of this with Zoey? Besides I don't have money to take care of ANOTHER puppy. (I wish I did).

So, my last conversation with the vet was to just sit back and watch Zoey to see if her problem gets better or worse. So the leaking isn't getting worse, it's about the same, but now I'm dealing with what I think is a staph infection. This is about to get nasty... So she has these break outs that look like pimples and little spots that look like rashes on her belly and on her thighs. I thought it was just an allergic reaction to being in tall grass when I took her to the park because her belly is shaved from having an ultrasound done. So I gave her a bath so that if it were something from the grass I got it off the best I could. I've been watching it for the past week and the pimples go away but they pop up in different places. I read somewhere you can use baby wipes to wipe that area on her belly so I did that as well and it helps with the break outs that are already existent, but doesn't help with other ones showing up. I want/need to take her to the vet but my bank account has been sucked dry from her other vet visits so I'm waiting for my next paycheck.

Doesn't look like anyone is getting anything for Christmas. :(

I am just so lost at this point.

I'm so sorry you're going through this and more sorry that your breeder seems rather cold and unconcerned. I know what you mean though, as far as returning her for another, it's not something I could do either.

We had a similar situation with a puppy my daughter purchased (not a husky). Our vet was treating her for a liver ailment (which she eventually pulled through and has had no further incidents, thank goodness). But we also go the speel that we could return her for another and that none of the other pups had problems. $1,750 later, we still don't know what was going on.

Not every breeder is who they want you to think they are. While they may have a clause in the contract regarding health of the pup and the right to return, I know of few who actually come through.

The love and caring you've already invested in the pup makes it too difficult to return them anyway (especially knowing what might become of the pup).

Might you contact another vet for a second opinion? Or at the very least, what about contacting Texas Husky Rescue to see if they might have some ideas for your vet to take into consideration? They might also have previously dealt with a similar ailment and might be able to point you in the right direction and save a few $$$.

Best of luck and keep us informed of how the pup is doing....

So, my last conversation with the vet was to just sit back and watch Zoey to see if her problem gets better or worse. So the leaking isn't getting worse, it's about the same, but now I'm dealing with what I think is a staph infection. This is about to get nasty... So she has these break outs that look like pimples and little spots that look like rashes on her belly and on her thighs. I thought it was just an allergic reaction to being in tall grass when I took her to the park because her belly is shaved from having an ultrasound done. So I gave her a bath so that if it were something from the grass I got it off the best I could. I've been watching it for the past week and the pimples go away but they pop up in different places. I read somewhere you can use baby wipes to wipe that area on her belly so I did that as well and it helps with the break outs that are already existent, but doesn't help with other ones showing up. I want/need to take her to the vet but my bank account has been sucked dry from her other vet visits so I'm waiting for my next paycheck.

Doesn't look like anyone is getting anything for Christmas. :(

i wouldn't stress out over the staph infection. Luka had the same issue, my vet told me i could clean it with a simple astringent but it would more than likely go away on it's own. It was all over his belly and it did wind up going away after a couple of weeks. He said puppies immune systems are not as strong as adults so they get it a lot easier. Just keep an eye on it but unless you really want to I personally think you would be fine to wait before a vet visit.

sorry that your breeder is being so uncooperative, that sucks. I hope she pulls through and all her problems resolve themselves. :(