Getting first Sib in February

HeatherG

My name is Heather. I am a stay at home mom of two kids age 6 and 3. I have wanted a Siberian Husky since I was 7. I am now 27. I decided after researching that I was ready to get one. I picked out a black and white female born on December 2. She will be ready for pick up on Feb. 3, 2013. Very excited about our new addition to our family. We will name her Abby. Open to any tips or suggestions.

post-9040-13586085689729_thumb.jpg

Have you ever owned a dog before? What are your expectations when it comes to a dog? Are you prepared, as being a stay-at-home-Mom (with young kids) to exercise her for hours a day?

What information have you found out about the breed?

Oh, and, welcome to the forums! :)

Also in response I have researched the nature of the breed and that they will need extra attention. Like I said I have always wanted a husky but have felt in the past that I was not ready on account of my children being babies and needing the extra attention but feel now I have more time since they are older. Also I have lived at my residence for 8 years and it is a permanent home. This will be the husky's forever home as I do not believe in getting rid of animals unless it is unpreventable. I myself have never given up an animal that I have taken the responsibility to care for because I feel once you take the responsibility you are committed for life. Thanks for the responses!

Hi heather, how exciting a new puppy :) when you get some we'd like loads of pics please :)You have a beagle and cross hound as well, I have friends with beagles. Apparently they're just as stubborn, strong willed and independent as huskies. So you'll have had lots of practice dealing with that :)