Week from hell - but what a good boy

Niber

I've had the absolute week and a half from hell. Wife crashed car in snow with me, 3 kids and dog in - noone injured, heating packed up - fixed it, new leak - fixed it, electrics packed up - fixed it. Car tyre flat, being fixed, car wheel bearings knackered - fixed it. Got 17 people for Christmas - these problems mean I've done no shopping so doing it Sunday (bit late). Been so bloody busy I hadn't walked Niber for THREE DAYS - what a ba***rd I am. Feel so guilty.

On the bright side, I think, touch wood, all the problems are fixed and I am amazed how Niber has been. At only 11 months, with no walks, I've not heard him whine once. Think he has sensed my mood and just left me to it. I even forgot to feed him one night was so busy, but remembered about an hour late, and he still didn't moan.

Just goes to show, I've been neglecting him and he has still been good as gold. He's just laid watching me work and sat calmly in the car when getting stuff. You'll be glad to know he got and hour and a half walk this morning and is now fast asleep. Hope he never has to go that long again.

That's s rough old time you've had there. But don't beat yourself up too hard, sometimes sh** happens and you have to make the best of things as you can. At least Niber is loved and cared for. Spending Christmas with family, That's sadly not something all dogs will have.

• 2 weeks later...