It's Official - We Are Having a Blizzard!

Mazz

It rained most of the night and was still raining this morning. Then about 10 this morning, it started to spit some snow mixed with the rain. By 11, the ground was starting to look white. By Noon, the winds were howling and the snow was blowing. Not sure how much we have received so far, but it's adding up.

Zoya is sitting out in the back yard, looking down the valley behind our house. She seems perfectly content to sit in the blowing snow.

I cannot begin to describe my level of jealousy. We got...rain. lots and lots of rain. If it has been just a few degrees colder it could have been awesome amount of snow. But all my dreams were crushed. And instead we have a lake for a backyard.

Edited by serothis
pancakes

Since I only got one picture worth sharing (it was much too windy for me to want to stand around in the cold for long!), I'll put in in Mazz's thread, rather than starting one of my own... This is Rory (that's Kodi in the background) - she seemed to think I'd caused it to snow, and just for her! That said, none of them really wanted to linger out in the cold and snow... Probably at least in part because they wanted to eat, which wasn't happening until all had been out and in again!

post-1869-135860857632_thumb.jpg

You lot and stick your snow and rain am off to Rosemarys I need the Sun

Haha, last night we bought Pizzas and took a picnic blanket to the beach and watched the sun go down - lovely :D But ....... today is going to peak at 37C :( not pleasant that's for sure.

Haha, last night we bought Pizzas and took a picnic blanket to the beach and watched the sun go down - lovely :D But ....... today is going to peak at 37C :( not pleasant that's for sure.

Your joking if I was a millionaire I'd follow 37c round the world AND I'd never see anything but sunshine again :)

You can keep the snow, but I'd take the rain .... anyone want some wind?? It's been blowing 25mph or better for two days now!!!

25mph? That's not a wind, that's a breeze! lol

Snow.. Don't know about following 37C round the world, I'd be following the snow lol.. We have more rain forecast, that'll be eight days straight with unrelenting rain. It's damp, grey and miserable. No wonder I get SAD! Lol give me snow and clear cold blue skies with sunshine any day. Plus the mercury may be lower but it tends to feel less cold as its a dry cold rather than a dank one.

I was due in at work (normal drive is around 35-40 minutes) at 8 this morning, and left about 50 minutes before I needed to be there. I'd heard the plows out, clearing the paved roads, but I have a mile one way, two the other to get to paved road to head south and east. ALL the roads were pretty awful - there were spots where only one lane was passable, and that dicey! Was happy that the roads were just snow and ice covered tonight, and that at least there weren't any big drifts to drive through! It took my about 65 minutes to get in to work, by the way! :P