Introducing Storm

Steve

Hi,

I'd like to introduce Storm, my 18 month old red Siberian. We rehomed him 4 months ago, as the previous owners ran into trouble with their landlord. He's a super dog, gets on with our 8 year old female X-collie, though she's definitely the boss. He suffered seperation anxiety before we got him, but with our Holly, he has no such problem when left alone. I have a friend with two huskies, so we meet up every morning on the park. In total, he gets around 2 - 2.5 hours walking a day, and supplemented with a bikejor atleast every second day, which is ESSENTIAL to keeping him calm, tired and completely satisfied. Nothing better than a worn out Husky! We had him neutered about 2 months ago, and the difference this has made to his interaction with other dogs is unreal. I previously had a Keeshond who we lost through old age in Feb - I never had him neutered, and I always regretted it as his social skills were poor with dogs he didn't know, so it was a given prior to getting Storm that he would be done. What it also highlighted was how bad he would be without exercise! Obviously, exercise had to be very light while the scars heeled, and the week following was the only time that he had a go at his bedding, and anything else he could lay his teeth on.

Huskies are a huge commitment, but put the time in, and they are the biggest buddle of fun. I look forward to bikejorring as much as him. We do it under torch light a long the back paths of Rugby late at night when it's quiet, and he pulls me faster than I ever could cycle under my own steam.

post-9011-13586086391226_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086392209_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086393015_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086394072_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086394852_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086395289_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086396088_thumb.jpg

post-9011-13586086396858_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've got both dogs in Poland at the moment for their (and our) Xmas hols. We dreamt of a White Christmas, but we seem to have brought British weather with us - +7degC, and mostly sunny, but all the forest trails you could dream of, being in the Wielkipolski National Park. I have never been covered in so much mud in my life! Two weeks of total bliss with Storm and Holly.

We often wonder what Holly is crossed with. The collie is a definite, maybe GSD, and just maybe saluki. It's anybodies guess, but what ever, she is a fantastic girl who also loves running, but beside the bike, not out front. She's quite a nervous dog (we rescued her through Dogs Trust as a 3 year old, so do not know her history) and absolutely hates fireworks. This year, because Storm is so relaxed with the big bangs, she had the best fireworks night in as long as we've had her, so the two of them really do help each other.

Welcome to Husky Owners. Storm is beautiful, and our Red Boy Andy was our first rescue of this pack, and the last husky we lost was named Storm. We called her our Stormy girl. Enjoy...I think there is something very special about the red huskies, though they are all special, you will find we have a few members on here that are very partial to reds.:welcome: