Country living vs city living

Gideon Cross

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We live in Vermont, and the only large city we have is Burlington which we both have lived in and also have lived in other parts of the United States from Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Orlando Florida, Augusta Georgia which have all been beautiful places, but just to crowded. We now live in Johnson Vermont in the mountains in a quiet village setting where nature is right at our door step. Love the mountain air, quietness and all the village shops which are closed by 5pm, but if we want the city life, we can be in Montreal Canada in about hour, New York City in 5 hours, Boston in 4 hours and at the ocean in 3 hours. So, city vs. country.....Country any day...and a safer place for Siberians to live. Here is a few photos from our back door...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66910[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66911[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66912[/ATTACH]

Truly stunning!.Hope you don't mind me asking,but do you think you will get another Sibe,in time possibly??

truly stunning!.hope you don't mind me asking,but do you think you will get another sibe,in time possibly??

[MENTION=2358]basketcase687[/MENTION] we will first plan a trip to the uk, come home and start a new family of siberians, the first three will be leika, mika and nouska.

But no more than seven. We could not imagine our lives without them, our sasha, dakota and kayak gave us the most amazing ride for 16 years. Now just a little time for a memory walk of the three.....

@basketcase687 we will first plan a trip to the uk, come home and start a new family of siberians, the first three will be leika, mika and nouska.

But no more than seven. We could not imagine our lives without them, our sasha, dakota and kayak gave us the most amazing ride for 16 years. Now just a little time for a memory walk of the three.....

Aww,that sounds wonderful,I'm pleased to hear that.:)So.......somewhere in this world will be born 3 very lucky little sibes,who will have a fantastic home waiting for them!! :).Can see you have it planned( love those names!).After all,looking at those pics,it would be a shame if you didn't.:)Just a matter of time and remembering then.......

@basketcase687 we will first plan a trip to the uk, come home and start a new family of siberians, the first three will be leika, mika and nouska.

That sounds really nice. :)

As a youngster I craved the city (London) because everything was open, instantly on hand and public transport was available in the middle of the night.

These days I just want to get as far away from the urgency, pace and calculation that seems to define modern living.

(I think my signature says it all.)

Earlier on today, I contributed to a thread about 'your ideal place to live' and this is what I related to, and posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254397/Oxford-graduate-quit-mainstream-society-live-hobbit-style-existence-mud-hut-Welsh-hills.html

Ideally, I want to be as far away as possible from 'modern' living one day and this so - called democracy.

Aww,that sounds wonderful,I'm pleased to hear that.:)So.......somewhere in this world will be born 3 very lucky little sibes,who will have a fantastic home waiting for them!! :).Can see you have it planned( love those names!).After all,looking at those pics,it would be a shame if you didn't.:)Just a matter of time and remembering then.......

[MENTION=2358]basketcase687[/MENTION] If you are on Face Book, you and anyone else are more than welcome to join, it is under Kayak's name, it is about the canine but humans are welcome. The Face Book page is under Kayak Schlebelle, you can see all 900+ photos of our three and others, and our other Face Book page is House Wolf K-9 Dog Biscuits

@basketcase687 we just watched your video "chasing the sun", and placed it onto Kayak Schlebelle's facebook page. So wonderful to see your pack running so free....

Thank you so much,I am well pleased with that!!:).Yes,my husband is on Facebook,so will definitely join,thank you..........Karen.:)

• 3 weeks later...

We live in Vermont, and the only large city we have is Burlington which we both have lived in and also have lived in other parts of the United States from Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Orlando Florida, Augusta Georgia which have all been beautiful places, but just to crowded. We now live in Johnson Vermont in the mountains in a quiet village setting where nature is right at our door step. Love the mountain air, quietness and all the village shops which are closed by 5pm, but if we want the city life, we can be in Montreal Canada in about hour, New York City in 5 hours, Boston in 4 hours and at the ocean in 3 hours. So, city vs. country.....Country any day...and a safer place for Siberians to live. Here is a few photos from our back door...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66910[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66911[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66912[/ATTACH]

Do you take in paying guests? :).. Long term ones? Lol

My husband grew up in the "town" we live in, and I grew up about 5 minutes south...in an even smaller town. My graduating class from high school was 80 students.

We live in a cluster of little towns. Our zip code is one town, our township is another, our phone number is another, and our county is totally different than what the zip code should be. Oh, the benefits of living in the country :)

We have 3 acres, and our neighbors own the 500 acres around us. They farm it, so there's all the time tractors and trucks going down our road (which is dirt). You can hear the cattle, horses, etc. They have about 6 dogs and they all mind their manners.

We live also about 10-20 mins away from big cities. One is really great, and the other one (Flint,MI) is kind of crazy. Lots of gang activity etc. We get random vehicles up and down our road casing yards for stuff to steal.

I dream of living on a ranch of my own out in Montana or Wyoming...but I don't know if I could deal with not having the internet.