Question about your pet husky?huskymix eyes

Gideon Cross

I was wondering how many people here have huskies or husky mixes that are bi eyed or parti eyed? My husky mix Selene happens to be both. She has one blue eye and one that is brown but with a spec of grey. Also someone told me that when their eyes are like that, that they are usually blind in one eye but Selene seems to see fine with both.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bindi is blue eyed. Alpha has bi and parti eyes which the local kids think is funny and the older people think is scary LOLOL...

lol my mum has a thing about eyes, she swore if i got a bi eyed or parti eyed dog she'd never step foot in the house lol

• 2 weeks later...

Never heard that before tbh. I have heard though that White dogs/cats can be prone to blindness or deafness. God only knows if it's an old wives tale or actually true, it's just something I've heard a fair bit.

Never heard that before tbh. I have heard though that White dogs/cats can be prone to blindness or deafness. God only knows if it's an old wives tale or actually true, it's just something I've heard a fair bit.

White cats with blue eyes are almost always deaf. However I'm not aware of any coat/eye colour combination with cats that relates to blindness, or any of both with dogs.

The breeder where we bought Sasha had a tiny husky there. She was the runt of the litter and very nearly died. This girl had the most wonderful eyes that I have ever seen in a Husky. Very difficult to explain but one was split one way and one was split the other. One half brown, one half blue in one eye but the other eye being split side to side as opposed to top to bottom, once again half blue half brown, so weird. Never seen one like it before and never seen one since. Her eye sight was perfect.

Gary.

White cats with blue eyes are almost always deaf. However I'm not aware of any coat/eye colour combination with cats that relates to blindness, or any of both with dogs.

"However, the breeding of white and merle Danes is particularly controversial, as these colors may be associated with genes that produce deafness" Not official but i actually saw a white great dane at the dog park sunday and he was in fact deaf. i've heard this too. actually after reading some stuff learned it can cause blindness as well.

"However, the breeding of white and merle Danes is particularly controversial, as these colors may be associated with genes that produce deafness" Not official but i actually saw a white great dane at the dog park sunday and he was in fact deaf. i've heard this too. actually after reading some stuff learned it can cause blindness as well.

Interesting. Did not know that. White colour genes have some odd effects in a lot of animals seems. For example you should never breed two chinchillas with white genes in them because having two white genes is fatal to them :S