Bit excited - bit sad

Sarah

MY parents are moving away - they live 10 mins drive from my at the moment but are moving to Prestatyn in North Wales, in fact it's about 10 min drive from camp lol

Their current house was where i grew up, it's up for sale at the moment but my mum found her dream retirement bungalow and the sale went through last week, so as soon as they've sold their house they'll be moving :(

In a selfish way I dont want them to move, i'm so close to them and my brother it will be so strange not to be able to pop over for a quick brew selfish yes but i do want them to be happy.

Anyone want to buy a 3 bed semi detached with secure back garden lol

The good thing is the bungalow they've bought is huge :D It has a huge conservatory and back garden FULLY secure as well as the previous owner had 2 Alsations and they made a separate dog yard with full drainage ! 5 mins walk to the beach too so i am looking forward to popping over for days out with the boys so they can run about on the beach (mental note buy long lines)

Tomorrow we're going down for the day to have a look, i'll get some pics - mum thinks the wall may not be high enough for the boys so will have a look, they're also less than a mile away from my brother in law lol so we can kill 2 birds with one stone! :D

Anway thats my ramble lol

LOL . . . Kids grow up and think that their parents don't have any life other than being grandparents.

We don't stop thinking or dreaming or plotting and planning, just coz we're over 50. . lol.

MY parents are moving away - they live 10 mins drive from my at the moment but are moving to Prestatyn in North Wales, in fact it's about 10 min drive from camp lol

Their current house was where i grew up, it's up for sale at the moment but my mum found her dream retirement bungalow and the sale went through last week, so as soon as they've sold their house they'll be moving :(

In a selfish way I dont want them to move, i'm so close to them and my brother it will be so strange not to be able to pop over for a quick brew selfish yes but i do want them to be happy.

Anyone want to buy a 3 bed semi detached with secure back garden lol

The good thing is the bungalow they've bought is huge :D It has a huge conservatory and back garden FULLY secure as well as the previous owner had 2 Alsations and they made a separate dog yard with full drainage ! 5 mins walk to the beach too so i am looking forward to popping over for days out with the boys so they can run about on the beach (mental note buy long lines)

Tomorrow we're going down for the day to have a look, i'll get some pics - mum thinks the wall may not be high enough for the boys so will have a look, they're also less than a mile away from my brother in law lol so we can kill 2 birds with one stone! :D

Anway thats my ramble lol

Aww,can understand your sentimental reasons,but it's people ,not places that make a home.These days there are soooo many ways to keep in touch.Sounds like there are more positives than negatives,a beach is a bonus and at least it never gets muddy.:rolleyes:

my parents moved out of our family home about 6 years ago and at the time I thought I would miss the house but it was too big for them and had a huge garden, Now the live right on the coast a short walk from Culzean castle and its great, takes me a bit longer to get their but really not much. So good luck to your parents and I am sure you will see the positives will outweight the negatives once you have seen the house.

Ooh! How exciting for your Mum, Dad & brother though! (Except the packing & literally moving bit!) And just think of the walks you can have in between the brews with your family when they do go .... it'll take a bit of getting used to not having them "around the corner" any more but it's gonna be an hour & not 10 mins to see them ... it'll be reet! :grouphug: