I wanna go to bed

Val (Zebedee)

Those of you who crate your huskies, do they randomly take themselves off to bed throughout the day? Kaviq has just trotted up to his crate, nudged open the door & gone for a lie down - Myshka doesn't do it (maybe she's too nosey!) and she's been crate trained for 7 years.

It just strengthens the fact to me that they don't see the crate as a bad thing, it is their space, their place to chill out as I know some people (mostly non-husky) look at crates as the "naughty step for dogs" lol

All the pups have their crate and Skye has a crate and if they fancy a lie down or just feel a need to escape they will take themselves off to their respective crates. Strangely enough, Sasha and Nina do not have a crate and they don't feel the need to try to get into anyone elses. All the dogs know which bed is theirs and stick to it.

Gary.

Yeah Shadow does this quite alot he likes to get away from Skye i think lol Skye does love her crate takes anything she steals in there as somehow thinks i wont get it from her in there! Shadow does the same actually with things he "steals" !! So they definitely love their crates :)

The boys especially do that a lot. At 10pm Togo takes himself off down to the kitchen an lets himself into the crate. They regularly go to chill out throughout the day. At night the girls get the crates, the boys get a quilt so evicting the boys from their respective places means they are quite grumpy lol

Like Myshka, I think the girls will stay upstairs near people in case they miss something. If I go to the kitchen, they all follow :)